Last.fm Trends Christmas Classics: “Feliz Navidad”
No Christmas would be complete without the Puerto Rican influence of José Feliciano and his classic track “Feliz Navidad.”
The Spanish song was a hit in 1970 but is still a feature on Christmas playlists over 40 years down the line. Last.fm Trends takes a look.
“Feliz Navidad” is the latest in our look at Christmas Classics and perhaps the most unusual. Jose Feliciano was born permanently blind in 1945 and has gone on to produce many international hits across both Spanish and English music.
The track has been scrobbled a total of 324,521 times, with a huge 6,934 listeners using it to get into the festive spirit over the last week.
It is widely recognized as one of the most popular Christmas songs of all time, with artists far and wide such as Celine Dion, Moby, punk bands Fenix TX and Home Grown and Michael Bublé all choosing to cover it.
More on WNCX.com
- Roger Waters Needs to Remind You He’s Not on Pink Floyd’s New Album
- Stream Stevie Nicks’ New Album ’24 Karat Gold: Songs From the Vault’
- Browns Sticking With Travis Benjamin At Punt Returner, Could Make Change At Long Snapper
- Prepare Your iCloud: U2’s Next Album is Already 70 Percent Complete
- Eddie Vedder Releases Cover of John Lennon’s ‘Imagine’ on iTunes
- Jimmy Page Conditionally Ponders 2015 Solo Tour
- Tom Morello Responds to 5 Point, Names Fracas ‘Pancake-Gate’
- Queen Releases Stripped-Down Version of Freddie Mercury’s ‘Love Kills': Listen
- PHOTOS: NFL Cheerleaders Week 4
- The Daily Cut October 1, 2014