Last.fm Trends Christmas Classics: “Feliz Navidad”
No Christmas would be complete without the Puerto Rican influence of José Feliciano and his classic track “Feliz Navidad.”
The Spanish song was a hit in 1970 but is still a feature on Christmas playlists over 40 years down the line. Last.fm Trends takes a look.
“Feliz Navidad” is the latest in our look at Christmas Classics and perhaps the most unusual. Jose Feliciano was born permanently blind in 1945 and has gone on to produce many international hits across both Spanish and English music.
The track has been scrobbled a total of 324,521 times, with a huge 6,934 listeners using it to get into the festive spirit over the last week.
It is widely recognized as one of the most popular Christmas songs of all time, with artists far and wide such as Celine Dion, Moby, punk bands Fenix TX and Home Grown and Michael Bublé all choosing to cover it.
More on WNCX.com
- Win Cleveland Metroparks Golf Passes
- Win Wish You Were Here Tickets
- Classic Rock Almanac August 1, 2015
- Camp News And Notes: Josh McCown, Johnny Manziel Sharper On Day 2
- Browns Texting Scandal Is Behind Ray Farmer And Mike Pettine
- Dave Grohl Responds to the 1000 Foo Fighters Fans: ‘We’ll See You Soon’
- The Human League’s ‘Don’t You Want Me’ Has Too Many Words
- Hope Springs Eternal In Berea
- Smokey Robinson to be Honored By Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- WNCX Morning Show: Spurs Jesus Performs A Miracle