Last.fm Trends Christmas Classics: “Feliz Navidad”
No Christmas would be complete without the Puerto Rican influence of José Feliciano and his classic track “Feliz Navidad.”
The Spanish song was a hit in 1970 but is still a feature on Christmas playlists over 40 years down the line. Last.fm Trends takes a look.
“Feliz Navidad” is the latest in our look at Christmas Classics and perhaps the most unusual. Jose Feliciano was born permanently blind in 1945 and has gone on to produce many international hits across both Spanish and English music.
The track has been scrobbled a total of 324,521 times, with a huge 6,934 listeners using it to get into the festive spirit over the last week.
It is widely recognized as one of the most popular Christmas songs of all time, with artists far and wide such as Celine Dion, Moby, punk bands Fenix TX and Home Grown and Michael Bublé all choosing to cover it.
More on WNCX.com
- The Daily Cut: Eric Clapton “It’s in the Way That You Use It”
- Classic Rock Almanac May 29, 2015
- Bruce Springsteen, Joan Jett, Roger Daltrey Pay Tribute to Pete Townshend at MusiCares Event
- Win Michael Stanley & The Resonators Tickets
- Win Cleveland Pizza Fest Passes
- Here’s the Letter a 14-Year-Old Dave Grohl Sent to Ian MacKaye
- Trevor Noah Announces ‘New and Sexy’ Daily Show Premiere Date in New Video: Watch
- Rolling Stones Debut Alternate Take of ‘Dead Flowers’ Off ‘Sticky Fingers’ Reissue: Listen
- Browns Get Their Wish And Avoid Hard Knocks, Houston Texans To Be Featured
- Classic Fest At Nelson Ledges Quarry Park