Last.fm Trends Christmas Classics: “Feliz Navidad”
No Christmas would be complete without the Puerto Rican influence of José Feliciano and his classic track “Feliz Navidad.”
The Spanish song was a hit in 1970 but is still a feature on Christmas playlists over 40 years down the line. Last.fm Trends takes a look.
“Feliz Navidad” is the latest in our look at Christmas Classics and perhaps the most unusual. Jose Feliciano was born permanently blind in 1945 and has gone on to produce many international hits across both Spanish and English music.
The track has been scrobbled a total of 324,521 times, with a huge 6,934 listeners using it to get into the festive spirit over the last week.
It is widely recognized as one of the most popular Christmas songs of all time, with artists far and wide such as Celine Dion, Moby, punk bands Fenix TX and Home Grown and Michael Bublé all choosing to cover it.
More on WNCX.com
- Two More Ted Nugent Concerts Canceled After Pressure from Native American Group
- Tom Petty Slams EDM Culture and Electric Daisy Carnival: ‘Watch People Play Records? That’s Stupid’
- Paul McCartney Sets Wings’ ‘Venus and Mars’ and ‘At the Speed of Sound’ Reissue Dates
- Petition Asks Iron Maiden to Bring Back Original ‘Eddie the Head’ Artist Derek Riggs
- Browns Pop Pads, Rookies Chris Kirksey And Justin Gilbert Shine On Day 3
- Beastie Boys ‘Paul’s Boutique’ Mural Unveiled in New York City
- Browns Owner Jimmy Haslam, Fans Hopeful This Is The Year They Get It Right
- Browns, Agents Issue Statement Concerning Jason Pinkston
- Brian Hoyer Sharp During Day 2
- Trader Ray Or Transaction Ray