Last.fm Trends Christmas Classics: “Feliz Navidad”
No Christmas would be complete without the Puerto Rican influence of José Feliciano and his classic track “Feliz Navidad.”
The Spanish song was a hit in 1970 but is still a feature on Christmas playlists over 40 years down the line. Last.fm Trends takes a look.
“Feliz Navidad” is the latest in our look at Christmas Classics and perhaps the most unusual. Jose Feliciano was born permanently blind in 1945 and has gone on to produce many international hits across both Spanish and English music.
The track has been scrobbled a total of 324,521 times, with a huge 6,934 listeners using it to get into the festive spirit over the last week.
It is widely recognized as one of the most popular Christmas songs of all time, with artists far and wide such as Celine Dion, Moby, punk bands Fenix TX and Home Grown and Michael Bublé all choosing to cover it.
More on WNCX.com
- Rolling Stones Announce Tour Dates, ‘Sticky Fingers’ Reissue
- CONCERT ANNOUNCEMENT: The Rolling Stones Zip Code Tour
- Text-Gate Case Is Now Closed
- Scott Weiland and the Wildabouts Guitarist Dies Day Before Release of Debut Album
- David Lee Roth Busts Open His Nose During Van Halen Show, But Doesn’t Stop Rocking
- WNCX Morning Show: Party Guys Crash NSA Compound In Dresses
- WNCX Morning Show: Browns’ Spanking Not So Bad
- WNCX Morning Show: Illegal Texting And Mean Tweets
- Chris V.’s AC/DC Diary…..Happy 60th Birthday Angus Young!
- The Daily Cut: AC/DC “Back in Black”