Last.fm Trends Christmas Classics: “Feliz Navidad”
No Christmas would be complete without the Puerto Rican influence of José Feliciano and his classic track “Feliz Navidad.”
The Spanish song was a hit in 1970 but is still a feature on Christmas playlists over 40 years down the line. Last.fm Trends takes a look.
“Feliz Navidad” is the latest in our look at Christmas Classics and perhaps the most unusual. Jose Feliciano was born permanently blind in 1945 and has gone on to produce many international hits across both Spanish and English music.
The track has been scrobbled a total of 324,521 times, with a huge 6,934 listeners using it to get into the festive spirit over the last week.
It is widely recognized as one of the most popular Christmas songs of all time, with artists far and wide such as Celine Dion, Moby, punk bands Fenix TX and Home Grown and Michael Bublé all choosing to cover it.
More on WNCX.com
- Classic Rock Almanac November 27, 2014
- AC/DC Drummer Phil Rudd Air-Drums in Court
- Winter Storm Cato
- Tickets On Sale: Southside Johnny & The Asbury Jukes
- The Daily Cut: Fleetwood Mac “Over My Head”
- Classic Rock Almanac November 26, 2014
- Pearl Jam Releases First Ever Live Performance of ‘No Code’
- Prince Decides He Doesn’t Want an Internet Presence Anymore
- Joni Mitchell Nixed Biopic Because of Taylor Swift’s Involvement
- PHOTOS: NFL Cheerleaders Week 12