Last.fm Trends Christmas Classics: “Feliz Navidad”
No Christmas would be complete without the Puerto Rican influence of José Feliciano and his classic track “Feliz Navidad.”
The Spanish song was a hit in 1970 but is still a feature on Christmas playlists over 40 years down the line. Last.fm Trends takes a look.
“Feliz Navidad” is the latest in our look at Christmas Classics and perhaps the most unusual. Jose Feliciano was born permanently blind in 1945 and has gone on to produce many international hits across both Spanish and English music.
The track has been scrobbled a total of 324,521 times, with a huge 6,934 listeners using it to get into the festive spirit over the last week.
It is widely recognized as one of the most popular Christmas songs of all time, with artists far and wide such as Celine Dion, Moby, punk bands Fenix TX and Home Grown and Michael Bublé all choosing to cover it.
More on WNCX.com
- Classic Rock Almanac October 23, 2014
- Browns DL Ahtyba Rubin Returns To Practice
- Listen to an Alternate Version of Led Zeppelin’s ‘Stairway to Heaven’
- CBS Local Rewards Is Live!
- 3’s A Crowd? Browns Have “Problem” Sharing Carries Among 3 Backs
- The Daily Cut: The Cars “Just What I Needed”
- Classic Rock Almanac October 22, 2014
- Interview: Joe Perry on Marriage, His New Memoir and the Future of Aerosmith
- Ringo Starr to Star in Skechers Ad Campaign
- Q&A: Jimmy Page on His Favorite Led Zeppelin Album, Beastie Boys, and a Good ‘D’yer Mak’er’ Joke