Last.fm Trends Christmas Classics: “Feliz Navidad”
No Christmas would be complete without the Puerto Rican influence of José Feliciano and his classic track “Feliz Navidad.”
The Spanish song was a hit in 1970 but is still a feature on Christmas playlists over 40 years down the line. Last.fm Trends takes a look.
“Feliz Navidad” is the latest in our look at Christmas Classics and perhaps the most unusual. Jose Feliciano was born permanently blind in 1945 and has gone on to produce many international hits across both Spanish and English music.
The track has been scrobbled a total of 324,521 times, with a huge 6,934 listeners using it to get into the festive spirit over the last week.
It is widely recognized as one of the most popular Christmas songs of all time, with artists far and wide such as Celine Dion, Moby, punk bands Fenix TX and Home Grown and Michael Bublé all choosing to cover it.
More on WNCX.com
- Win Lake Erie Monsters Tickets
- Win Comedy Zone At Club Velvet Passes
- Win A $100 Summit Racing Equipment Gift Card
- Win Playmaker’s Sports Grille Lunch
- Classic Rock Almanac February 28, 2015
- Bob Dylan May Have Recorded a Sequel to ‘Shadows in the Night’
- People on Twitter Really Don’t Want to Hear House of Cards Spoilers
- FAQ: Albums Come Out on Fridays Now
- 15 Rock Stars Who Made TV Cameos
- 5 Songs That Leonard Nimoy Sang Like a Boss