Last.fm Trends Christmas Classics: “Feliz Navidad”
No Christmas would be complete without the Puerto Rican influence of José Feliciano and his classic track “Feliz Navidad.”
The Spanish song was a hit in 1970 but is still a feature on Christmas playlists over 40 years down the line. Last.fm Trends takes a look.
“Feliz Navidad” is the latest in our look at Christmas Classics and perhaps the most unusual. Jose Feliciano was born permanently blind in 1945 and has gone on to produce many international hits across both Spanish and English music.
The track has been scrobbled a total of 324,521 times, with a huge 6,934 listeners using it to get into the festive spirit over the last week.
It is widely recognized as one of the most popular Christmas songs of all time, with artists far and wide such as Celine Dion, Moby, punk bands Fenix TX and Home Grown and Michael Bublé all choosing to cover it.
More on WNCX.com
- Thanks To All Who Came Out And Donated At Our “Sweet 16″ 2014 Bloodsuckers Buffet
- AC/DC Not Breaking Up, Malcolm Young Taking Break From Band Due To Illness
- Alan Parsons Live Project Bringing Greatest Hits Tour To Masonic Auditorium May 13
- Rock’s Funniest Guitar Faces
- Backpack Hoax Foiled
- Courtney Love Doesn’t Like Bruce Springsteen’s Music Because…
- Neil Young’s Pono Kickstarter Raised Over $6 Million
- Rolling Stones Reschedule Australia/New Zealand Dates
- PHOTOS: Rare Eclipse Causes Blood Red Moon In Night Sky
- Steely Dan to Kick Off U.S. Tour