Last.fm Trends Christmas Classics: “Feliz Navidad”
No Christmas would be complete without the Puerto Rican influence of José Feliciano and his classic track “Feliz Navidad.”
The Spanish song was a hit in 1970 but is still a feature on Christmas playlists over 40 years down the line. Last.fm Trends takes a look.
“Feliz Navidad” is the latest in our look at Christmas Classics and perhaps the most unusual. Jose Feliciano was born permanently blind in 1945 and has gone on to produce many international hits across both Spanish and English music.
The track has been scrobbled a total of 324,521 times, with a huge 6,934 listeners using it to get into the festive spirit over the last week.
It is widely recognized as one of the most popular Christmas songs of all time, with artists far and wide such as Celine Dion, Moby, punk bands Fenix TX and Home Grown and Michael Bublé all choosing to cover it.
More on WNCX.com
- Browns Rookie RB Terrance West Cleared For Training Camp
- Josh Gordon’s Appeal Hearing Set For August 1
- Sarah Palin Blames Speeding Ticket on Sammy Hagar’s ‘I Can’t Drive 55′
- Countdown To Josh Is On
- Jack White to Headline Farm Aid 2014 Alongside Neil Young, Willie Nelson, John Mellencamp & Dave Matthews
- Courtney Love On Kurt Cobain Biopic: ‘I Am Leading The Charge’
- Classic Rock Almanac July 24, 2014
- Edgar Winter to Pay Tribute to Late Brother Johnny on Tour
- Ted Nugent Blames Indian Casino Show Cancellation on Liberal ‘Army Assigned to Destroy Ted Nugent’
- PHOTOS: Crosby Stills And Nash At Jacob’s Pavilion At Nautica