Last.fm Trends Christmas Classics: “Feliz Navidad”
No Christmas would be complete without the Puerto Rican influence of José Feliciano and his classic track “Feliz Navidad.”
The Spanish song was a hit in 1970 but is still a feature on Christmas playlists over 40 years down the line. Last.fm Trends takes a look.
“Feliz Navidad” is the latest in our look at Christmas Classics and perhaps the most unusual. Jose Feliciano was born permanently blind in 1945 and has gone on to produce many international hits across both Spanish and English music.
The track has been scrobbled a total of 324,521 times, with a huge 6,934 listeners using it to get into the festive spirit over the last week.
It is widely recognized as one of the most popular Christmas songs of all time, with artists far and wide such as Celine Dion, Moby, punk bands Fenix TX and Home Grown and Michael Bublé all choosing to cover it.
More on WNCX.com
- LaRon Byrd Adds Size To Browns WR Corps
- Report: Josh Gordon Considers Suing NFL Over Suspension
- Browns CBs Joe Haden, Buster Skrine Return To Practice Sunday
- Browns Cut QB Rex Grossman, 3 Others; Add 4 From Waiver Wire
- The Cleveland Browns 2014 First 53 Depth Chart
- Chris V.’s AC/DC Diary – Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap’ Turns 38!
- Vote Now For The 98.5 ‘NCX Hall Of Fame Class Of 2014
- Classic Rock Almanac September 1, 2014
- Classic Rock Almanac August 31, 2014
- Win Taste Of The Browns Tickets