Ted Nugent is Running for President…. On the Simpsons
Hope we didn’t get your hopes up, but the Motor City Madman, Ted Nugent, will appear as himself on Sunday’s Simpsons’ episode ”Politically Inept With Homer Simpson” on FOX. In the episode, Ted plays a Republican candidate for president and Homer is his biggest supporter.
[photogallerylink id=50611 align=left] In 2007, Nugent debated The Simpsons producer Sam Simon on the ethics of hunting animals. The Nuge would later lend his voice to an over-the-phone appearance in the season 19 episode of The Simpsons, “I Don’t Wanna Know Why the Caged Bird Sings.” On the episode, an inmate named Dwight (played by Steve Buscemi) picks up a call that asks to vote no to the fictional Proposition 87, which bans crossbows in public schools. As part of his pre-recorded message, Nugent asks “If we outlaw crossbows in our public schools, who’s going to protect our children from charging elk?”.
Nugent is no stranger to any form of political activism. The pro-gun conservative has a history of backing Republican presidential nominees.
More on WNCX.com
- Win Lake Erie Monsters Tickets
- Win Comedy Zone At Club Velvet Passes
- Win A $100 Summit Racing Equipment Gift Card
- Win Playmaker’s Sports Grille Lunch
- Classic Rock Almanac February 28, 2015
- Bob Dylan May Have Recorded a Sequel to ‘Shadows in the Night’
- People on Twitter Really Don’t Want to Hear House of Cards Spoilers
- FAQ: Albums Come Out on Fridays Now
- 15 Rock Stars Who Made TV Cameos
- 5 Songs That Leonard Nimoy Sang Like a Boss