Ted Nugent is Running for President…. On the Simpsons
Hope we didn’t get your hopes up, but the Motor City Madman, Ted Nugent, will appear as himself on Sunday’s Simpsons’ episode ”Politically Inept With Homer Simpson” on FOX. In the episode, Ted plays a Republican candidate for president and Homer is his biggest supporter.
[photogallerylink id=50611 align=left] In 2007, Nugent debated The Simpsons producer Sam Simon on the ethics of hunting animals. The Nuge would later lend his voice to an over-the-phone appearance in the season 19 episode of The Simpsons, “I Don’t Wanna Know Why the Caged Bird Sings.” On the episode, an inmate named Dwight (played by Steve Buscemi) picks up a call that asks to vote no to the fictional Proposition 87, which bans crossbows in public schools. As part of his pre-recorded message, Nugent asks “If we outlaw crossbows in our public schools, who’s going to protect our children from charging elk?”.
Nugent is no stranger to any form of political activism. The pro-gun conservative has a history of backing Republican presidential nominees.
More on WNCX.com
- Browns Wrap Up Preseason Against Bears Thursday
- It Is Good to be Tom Brady Judge Overturns Suspension
- Letter to McDonalds Service Service Service
- Phish Announce Trio of Concerts in Mexico
- Cops Receive Dreaded Unicorn Disturbance Call (WNCX Morning Show)
- Woman Uses Pregnancy Lie To Conduct Crime Spree (WNCX Morning Show)
- The Daily Cut: Grand Funk Railroad “We’re an American Band”
- Classic Rock Almanac September 3, 2015
- Bauer Has Rough Night For Tribe, But Thinks He Did OK (WNCX Morning Show)
- Back To School With These Rock Stars