Ted Nugent is Running for President…. On the Simpsons
Hope we didn’t get your hopes up, but the Motor City Madman, Ted Nugent, will appear as himself on Sunday’s Simpsons’ episode ”Politically Inept With Homer Simpson” on FOX. In the episode, Ted plays a Republican candidate for president and Homer is his biggest supporter.
[photogallerylink id=50611 align=left] In 2007, Nugent debated The Simpsons producer Sam Simon on the ethics of hunting animals. The Nuge would later lend his voice to an over-the-phone appearance in the season 19 episode of The Simpsons, “I Don’t Wanna Know Why the Caged Bird Sings.” On the episode, an inmate named Dwight (played by Steve Buscemi) picks up a call that asks to vote no to the fictional Proposition 87, which bans crossbows in public schools. As part of his pre-recorded message, Nugent asks “If we outlaw crossbows in our public schools, who’s going to protect our children from charging elk?”.
Nugent is no stranger to any form of political activism. The pro-gun conservative has a history of backing Republican presidential nominees.
More on WNCX.com
- PHOTOS: Preview The Rock Hall’s ‘Common Ground: The Music Festival Experience’ Exhibit
- More Daryl Hall And John Oates Tickets Released!
- Peter Buck Remembers the Time R.E.M. Crushed The Verve in Concert
- David Bowie Announces 40th Anniversary ‘Diamond Dogs’ Picture Disc
- Watch Neil Young Cover ‘Needle of Death’ at Third Man Records
- Two More Led Zeppelin Reissue Tracks Leaked
- Bernie Kosar Responds To Being Replaced On Preseason Telecasts
- PHOTO PROFILE: An Inside Look At Jimi Hendrix
- Ted Nugent’s Next Record ‘Shut Up And Jam’ Is In The Can
- Rock Hall’s List Of The Top 10 Music Festival Performances Of All Time