Hope we didn’t get your hopes up, but the Motor City Madman, Ted Nugent, will appear as himself on Sunday’s Simpsons’ episode ”Politically Inept With Homer Simpson” on FOX. In the episode, Ted plays a Republican candidate for president and Homer is his biggest supporter.
[photogallerylink id=50611 align=left] In 2007, Nugent debated The Simpsons producer Sam Simon on the ethics of hunting animals. The Nuge would later lend his voice to an over-the-phone appearance in the season 19 episode of The Simpsons, “I Don’t Wanna Know Why the Caged Bird Sings.” On the episode, an inmate named Dwight (played by Steve Buscemi) picks up a call that asks to vote no to the fictional Proposition 87, which bans crossbows in public schools. As part of his pre-recorded message, Nugent asks “If we outlaw crossbows in our public schools, who’s going to protect our children from charging elk?”.
Nugent is no stranger to any form of political activism. The pro-gun conservative has a history of backing Republican presidential nominees.
More on WNCX.com
- When It’s Raining – Wipers On – Your Lights Better Be Too – It’s the Law!
- PHOTOS: Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade 2015
- Real Family Oriented Stores Are Not Open on Thanksgiving
- Mr.Classic’s Classic Rock Pick of the Day Deep Purple – Perfect Strangers
- Tonight Peanuts All Star Jam Ace’s Middleburg Heights
- What Black Friday Really Looks Like!
- Mike Pettine To Johnny Manziel “This Isn’t A Dead End, It’s A Hurdle”
- 6 Singers That Could Fire Up Jimmy Page
- Mike Pettine: Johnny Manziel “Violated The Trust That We Had Put In Him”
- Turkey Seeks Salvation At Church (WNCX Morning Show)