Hope we didn’t get your hopes up, but the Motor City Madman, Ted Nugent, will appear as himself on Sunday’s Simpsons’ episode ”Politically Inept With Homer Simpson” on FOX. In the episode, Ted plays a Republican candidate for president and Homer is his biggest supporter.
[photogallerylink id=50611 align=left] In 2007, Nugent debated The Simpsons producer Sam Simon on the ethics of hunting animals. The Nuge would later lend his voice to an over-the-phone appearance in the season 19 episode of The Simpsons, “I Don’t Wanna Know Why the Caged Bird Sings.” On the episode, an inmate named Dwight (played by Steve Buscemi) picks up a call that asks to vote no to the fictional Proposition 87, which bans crossbows in public schools. As part of his pre-recorded message, Nugent asks “If we outlaw crossbows in our public schools, who’s going to protect our children from charging elk?”.
Nugent is no stranger to any form of political activism. The pro-gun conservative has a history of backing Republican presidential nominees.
More on WNCX.com
- PHOTOS: Furious 8 Films In Downtown Cleveland
- Scrapper Busted With A Box Of Squirrels
- Robert Plant Goes to Court Instead of Festival
- Nyquist Is Scratched For The Belmont Stakes
- CFDA Fashion Awards to Honor David Bowie
- Bruce Springsteen Gives Coat to Underdressed Adele
- PHOTOS: Hottest Female Guitarists
- Neil Young Okay with Donald Trump Using ‘Rockin’ in the Free World’
- Times Square Performer Hits Woman For Not Tipping A “Free Hug”
- Listen: Jeff Survives His Family Road Trip To Georgia