Hope we didn’t get your hopes up, but the Motor City Madman, Ted Nugent, will appear as himself on Sunday’s Simpsons’ episode ”Politically Inept With Homer Simpson” on FOX. In the episode, Ted plays a Republican candidate for president and Homer is his biggest supporter.
[photogallerylink id=50611 align=left] In 2007, Nugent debated The Simpsons producer Sam Simon on the ethics of hunting animals. The Nuge would later lend his voice to an over-the-phone appearance in the season 19 episode of The Simpsons, “I Don’t Wanna Know Why the Caged Bird Sings.” On the episode, an inmate named Dwight (played by Steve Buscemi) picks up a call that asks to vote no to the fictional Proposition 87, which bans crossbows in public schools. As part of his pre-recorded message, Nugent asks “If we outlaw crossbows in our public schools, who’s going to protect our children from charging elk?”.
Nugent is no stranger to any form of political activism. The pro-gun conservative has a history of backing Republican presidential nominees.
More on WNCX.com
- Mr.Classic’s Classic Rock Pick of the Day Bob Dylan Lily Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
- Win Guns N’ Roses Tickets
- Classic Rock Almanac May 27, 2017
- Win Rogers Waters Tickets
- Chris Cornell Funeral Attendees Include Bandmates, James Hetfield, Dave Grohl, More
- Grateful Dead, Monkees Highlight Summer of Love Vinyl Reissues
- KISS Cancels Manchester Show
- If You’re A Sucker For Movie Montages: Behold The “Training” Division…
- Cavs NBA Finals Watch Party Tickets on Sale Saturday
- Neil Young to Release Lost ‘Hitchhiker’ Album from 1976