Ted Nugent is Running for President…. On the Simpsons
Hope we didn’t get your hopes up, but the Motor City Madman, Ted Nugent, will appear as himself on Sunday’s Simpsons’ episode ”Politically Inept With Homer Simpson” on FOX. In the episode, Ted plays a Republican candidate for president and Homer is his biggest supporter.
[photogallerylink id=50611 align=left] In 2007, Nugent debated The Simpsons producer Sam Simon on the ethics of hunting animals. The Nuge would later lend his voice to an over-the-phone appearance in the season 19 episode of The Simpsons, “I Don’t Wanna Know Why the Caged Bird Sings.” On the episode, an inmate named Dwight (played by Steve Buscemi) picks up a call that asks to vote no to the fictional Proposition 87, which bans crossbows in public schools. As part of his pre-recorded message, Nugent asks “If we outlaw crossbows in our public schools, who’s going to protect our children from charging elk?”.
Nugent is no stranger to any form of political activism. The pro-gun conservative has a history of backing Republican presidential nominees.
More on WNCX.com
- The Field Looks Set
- WNCX Morning Show: Delly Gets Into Scuffle; Bills Coach Allegedly Did, Too
- WNCX Morning Show: Repo Man Takes On “Psycho”
- WNCX Morning Show: Hitchbot’s Journey Cut Short in Philly
- WNCX Morning Show: LeBron’s “Trainwreck” Bloopers Show Off King’s Improv Skills
- The Daily Cut: John Lennon “(Just Like) Starting Over”
- Classic Rock Almanac August 4, 2015
- Don Henley to Embark on Solo Tour This Fall
- Ted Nugent Says America Cares More about a Lion Than Its Troops
- ZZ Top’s Billy Gibbons Announces First Ever Solo Album, ‘Perfectamundo’