Hope we didn’t get your hopes up, but the Motor City Madman, Ted Nugent, will appear as himself on Sunday’s Simpsons’ episode ”Politically Inept With Homer Simpson” on FOX. In the episode, Ted plays a Republican candidate for president and Homer is his biggest supporter.
[photogallerylink id=50611 align=left] In 2007, Nugent debated The Simpsons producer Sam Simon on the ethics of hunting animals. The Nuge would later lend his voice to an over-the-phone appearance in the season 19 episode of The Simpsons, “I Don’t Wanna Know Why the Caged Bird Sings.” On the episode, an inmate named Dwight (played by Steve Buscemi) picks up a call that asks to vote no to the fictional Proposition 87, which bans crossbows in public schools. As part of his pre-recorded message, Nugent asks “If we outlaw crossbows in our public schools, who’s going to protect our children from charging elk?”.
Nugent is no stranger to any form of political activism. The pro-gun conservative has a history of backing Republican presidential nominees.
More on WNCX.com
- The Daily Cut: Journey “Don’t Stop Believin’”
- Classic Rock Almanac October 28, 2016
- Chrissie Hynde And Stevie Nicks On Stage Together
- The Who’s Roger Daltrey Says Rock is Dead
- The Doors’ ‘London Fog 1966’ Captures One of the Band’s Earliest Gigs
- Browns Notes: Joe Thomas Hopes Hue Jackson Is True To His Word And There’s No Trade
- Browns QB Josh McCown Medically Cleared, Hopes To Return Sunday
- Steven Tyler Donates Awesome Car
- The Daily Cut: Bruce Springsteen “Fire”
- Classic Rock Almanac October 27, 2016