Hope we didn’t get your hopes up, but the Motor City Madman, Ted Nugent, will appear as himself on Sunday’s Simpsons’ episode ”Politically Inept With Homer Simpson” on FOX. In the episode, Ted plays a Republican candidate for president and Homer is his biggest supporter.
[photogallerylink id=50611 align=left] In 2007, Nugent debated The Simpsons producer Sam Simon on the ethics of hunting animals. The Nuge would later lend his voice to an over-the-phone appearance in the season 19 episode of The Simpsons, “I Don’t Wanna Know Why the Caged Bird Sings.” On the episode, an inmate named Dwight (played by Steve Buscemi) picks up a call that asks to vote no to the fictional Proposition 87, which bans crossbows in public schools. As part of his pre-recorded message, Nugent asks “If we outlaw crossbows in our public schools, who’s going to protect our children from charging elk?”.
Nugent is no stranger to any form of political activism. The pro-gun conservative has a history of backing Republican presidential nominees.
More on WNCX.com
- Former Allman Brothers Band Members Play Butch Trucks’ Funeral
- It Was The Running Of The Bull, Again In NYC
- The Daily Cut: Journey “Faithfully”
- Classic Rock Almanac February 22, 2017
- CLE Really Does Rock!
- Everclear Announce ‘So Much For The Afterglow’ 20th Anniversary Tour Dates
- Snake VS Spider…Who’s The Big Money On?
- Frances Bean on Kurt Cobain’s 50th Birthday: ‘You are Loved and You are Missed’
- CONCERT ANNOUNCEMENT: Roger Waters Us + Them Tour
- U2 Reworking “Songs”