Ted Nugent is Running for President…. On the Simpsons
Hope we didn’t get your hopes up, but the Motor City Madman, Ted Nugent, will appear as himself on Sunday’s Simpsons’ episode ”Politically Inept With Homer Simpson” on FOX. In the episode, Ted plays a Republican candidate for president and Homer is his biggest supporter.
[photogallerylink id=50611 align=left] In 2007, Nugent debated The Simpsons producer Sam Simon on the ethics of hunting animals. The Nuge would later lend his voice to an over-the-phone appearance in the season 19 episode of The Simpsons, “I Don’t Wanna Know Why the Caged Bird Sings.” On the episode, an inmate named Dwight (played by Steve Buscemi) picks up a call that asks to vote no to the fictional Proposition 87, which bans crossbows in public schools. As part of his pre-recorded message, Nugent asks “If we outlaw crossbows in our public schools, who’s going to protect our children from charging elk?”.
Nugent is no stranger to any form of political activism. The pro-gun conservative has a history of backing Republican presidential nominees.
More on WNCX.com
- Two More Ted Nugent Concerts Canceled After Pressure from Native American Group
- Tom Petty Slams EDM Culture and Electric Daisy Carnival: ‘Watch People Play Records? That’s Stupid’
- Paul McCartney Sets Wings’ ‘Venus and Mars’ and ‘At the Speed of Sound’ Reissue Dates
- Petition Asks Iron Maiden to Bring Back Original ‘Eddie the Head’ Artist Derek Riggs
- Browns Pop Pads, Rookies Chris Kirksey And Justin Gilbert Shine On Day 3
- Beastie Boys ‘Paul’s Boutique’ Mural Unveiled in New York City
- Browns Owner Jimmy Haslam, Fans Hopeful This Is The Year They Get It Right
- Browns, Agents Issue Statement Concerning Jason Pinkston
- Brian Hoyer Sharp During Day 2
- Trader Ray Or Transaction Ray