Ted Nugent is Running for President…. On the Simpsons
Hope we didn’t get your hopes up, but the Motor City Madman, Ted Nugent, will appear as himself on Sunday’s Simpsons’ episode ”Politically Inept With Homer Simpson” on FOX. In the episode, Ted plays a Republican candidate for president and Homer is his biggest supporter.
[photogallerylink id=50611 align=left] In 2007, Nugent debated The Simpsons producer Sam Simon on the ethics of hunting animals. The Nuge would later lend his voice to an over-the-phone appearance in the season 19 episode of The Simpsons, “I Don’t Wanna Know Why the Caged Bird Sings.” On the episode, an inmate named Dwight (played by Steve Buscemi) picks up a call that asks to vote no to the fictional Proposition 87, which bans crossbows in public schools. As part of his pre-recorded message, Nugent asks “If we outlaw crossbows in our public schools, who’s going to protect our children from charging elk?”.
Nugent is no stranger to any form of political activism. The pro-gun conservative has a history of backing Republican presidential nominees.
More on WNCX.com
- Chris V.’s AC/DC Diary…”Iron Man2″ Is Released, April 19th, 2010.
- Chris V.’s AC/DC Diary…..A Message From AC/DC Regarding Malcolm Young.
- Win A Northfield Park Prize Pack For Kentucky Derby Day
- Win Journey Tickets
- ‘NCX Classic Café – Which Wich? Superior Sandwiches
- Win Alan Parsons Project Tickets
- Win ‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2’ Exclusive Screening Passes
- The Cleveland Record Store Day Guide – A List Of Record Stores Celebrating On Saturday, April 19
- The Hottest Women of the 80′s: Are They STILL Hot?
- Classic Rock Almanac April 18