Van Halen: “She’s The Woman” Was Not A New Song
[photogallerylink id=61236 align=left] When [mp3com-artist]Van Halen[/mp3com-artist] performed last Thursday at New York’s Cage Wha?, fans and media were unsure what would unfold inside. With an news of a world tour and new album already known, the details of both became the focus. This past November, former VH vocalist [mp3com-artist]Sammy Hagar[/mp3com-artist] said that the new album would contain “old stuff.”
During the appearance, the group performed an 11-song set that included “You Really Got Me,” “Dance the Night Away,” “Panama,” and “She’s the Woman.” While most songs are very familiar with fans, “She’s the Woman” might seem new. However, it was demoed in 1976 with producer Gene Simmons.
The first single for A Different Kind of Truth, “Tattoo,” will be released tomorrow. The album will hit shelves and the web on February 7th.
Check out the two versions of “She’s The Woman” below and let us know what your expectations for A Different Kind of Truth are along with your thoughts about Cleveland getting snubbed on VH’s world tour.
Van Halen performing a “new” song, “She’s the Woman,” Thursday at New York’s Cafe Wha?
1976 Demo Audio:
More on WNCX.com
- PHOTOS: Emilia Clarke – Esquire’s Sexiest Woman Alive 2015
- Top 10 Haunted House Movies
- The Musical Box: Selling England By The Pound Tour (The Black Show)
- Michael Stanley On Cheap Trick ‘In Color’
- Metallica Recording Follow-Up to 2008’s ‘Death Magnetic’
- Cubs Fan Eddie Vedder Says Pearl Jam to Stop Touring (During MLB Postseasons)
- Woman Kicked Off Flight, Passengers Boo Flight Attendant (WNCX Morning Show)
- Drunk Driver “Periscopes” Her Stupidity To The World (WNCX Morning Show)
- Steelers Win At Last Second… Jeff’s Not Happy (WNCX Morning Show)
- The Daily Cut: Van Halen “Can’t Stop Lovin’ You”