Van Halen: “She’s The Woman” Was Not A New Song
[photogallerylink id=61236 align=left] When [mp3com-artist]Van Halen[/mp3com-artist] performed last Thursday at New York’s Cage Wha?, fans and media were unsure what would unfold inside. With an news of a world tour and new album already known, the details of both became the focus. This past November, former VH vocalist [mp3com-artist]Sammy Hagar[/mp3com-artist] said that the new album would contain “old stuff.”
During the appearance, the group performed an 11-song set that included “You Really Got Me,” “Dance the Night Away,” “Panama,” and “She’s the Woman.” While most songs are very familiar with fans, “She’s the Woman” might seem new. However, it was demoed in 1976 with producer Gene Simmons.
The first single for A Different Kind of Truth, “Tattoo,” will be released tomorrow. The album will hit shelves and the web on February 7th.
Check out the two versions of “She’s The Woman” below and let us know what your expectations for A Different Kind of Truth are along with your thoughts about Cleveland getting snubbed on VH’s world tour.
Van Halen performing a “new” song, “She’s the Woman,” Thursday at New York’s Cafe Wha?
1976 Demo Audio:
More on WNCX.com
- Ted Nugent Blames Indian Casino Show Cancellation on Liberal ‘Army Assigned to Destroy Ted Nugent’
- PHOTOS: Crosby Stills And Nash At Jacob’s Pavilion At Nautica
- Smashing Pumpkins Are Done Recording New Album ‘Monuments to An Elegy’
- Disgruntled Browns Fan Posts Video Of Himself Urinating On Art Modell’s Grave
- PHOTOS: Slash At Hard Rock Rocksino July 20 ,2014
- Using The “Good Neighbor” Policy
- PHOTOS: Lynyrd Skynyrd At Blossom – July 22, 2014
- U2 Might Still Release New Album In 2014
- Classic Rock Almanac July 23, 2014
- Billy Joel Wins Library of Congress’ Gershwin Prize