Three Students Now Dead Following Shooting At Chardon High School; Gunman Now In Custody
A shooting has taken place at Chardon High School, about 30 miles from Cleveland. Initial reports of a shooting in the cafeteria came in at 7:38am during first period study hall. On the scene were the Sheriff’s Department, the Ohio State Highway Patrol, and helicopters with trauma response teams.
The schools in the area have been locked down and classes have been canceled. Chardon Police Chief Timothy McKenna said the lone student shooter was chased out of the building by a teacher before turning himself in to two innocent bystanders. Immediately, police entered the building to assist injured victims. The gunman has since been taken into custody by the authorities.
Follow the story as more details develop on CBSCleveland.com.
92.3 The Fan will continue to follow the story. Listen to audio below from students who were present at the high school.
More on WNCX.com
- Two More Ted Nugent Concerts Canceled After Pressure from Native American Group
- Tom Petty Slams EDM Culture and Electric Daisy Carnival: ‘Watch People Play Records? That’s Stupid’
- Paul McCartney Sets Wings’ ‘Venus and Mars’ and ‘At the Speed of Sound’ Reissue Dates
- Petition Asks Iron Maiden to Bring Back Original ‘Eddie the Head’ Artist Derek Riggs
- Browns Pop Pads, Rookies Chris Kirksey And Justin Gilbert Shine On Day 3
- Beastie Boys ‘Paul’s Boutique’ Mural Unveiled in New York City
- Browns Owner Jimmy Haslam, Fans Hopeful This Is The Year They Get It Right
- Browns, Agents Issue Statement Concerning Jason Pinkston
- Brian Hoyer Sharp During Day 2
- Trader Ray Or Transaction Ray