Three Students Now Dead Following Shooting At Chardon High School; Gunman Now In Custody
A shooting has taken place at Chardon High School, about 30 miles from Cleveland. Initial reports of a shooting in the cafeteria came in at 7:38am during first period study hall. On the scene were the Sheriff’s Department, the Ohio State Highway Patrol, and helicopters with trauma response teams.
The schools in the area have been locked down and classes have been canceled. Chardon Police Chief Timothy McKenna said the lone student shooter was chased out of the building by a teacher before turning himself in to two innocent bystanders. Immediately, police entered the building to assist injured victims. The gunman has since been taken into custody by the authorities.
Follow the story as more details develop on CBSCleveland.com.
92.3 The Fan will continue to follow the story. Listen to audio below from students who were present at the high school.
More on WNCX.com
- Interview: Behind the Scenes of the New David Bowie Film with Director Hamish Hamilton
- Yusuf / Cat Stevens Announces New Album ‘Tell ‘Em I’m Gone,’ Debuts ‘Living to Die': Listen
- Watch U2 Make ‘Songs of Innocence’ in Behind-the-Scenes Footage
- Billy Idol Debuts New Single ‘Can’t Break Me Down': Listen
- Gene Simmons to Preside Over Wannabe Rock Bands in New Reality/Competition Show ‘Coliseum’
- Stream Leonard Cohen’s New Album ‘Popular Problems’
- Too Far? Urban Outfitters Causes Controversy By Selling Blood Stained Kent State University Sweatshirt
- Local Kid Makes Good, Again
- Classic Rock Almanac September 15, 2014
- Upon Further Review: Browns 26, Saints 24