Three Students Now Dead Following Shooting At Chardon High School; Gunman Now In Custody
A shooting has taken place at Chardon High School, about 30 miles from Cleveland. Initial reports of a shooting in the cafeteria came in at 7:38am during first period study hall. On the scene were the Sheriff’s Department, the Ohio State Highway Patrol, and helicopters with trauma response teams.
The schools in the area have been locked down and classes have been canceled. Chardon Police Chief Timothy McKenna said the lone student shooter was chased out of the building by a teacher before turning himself in to two innocent bystanders. Immediately, police entered the building to assist injured victims. The gunman has since been taken into custody by the authorities.
Follow the story as more details develop on CBSCleveland.com.
92.3 The Fan will continue to follow the story. Listen to audio below from students who were present at the high school.
More on WNCX.com
- Prince Removes Music From All Streaming Services Except TIDAL
- Warren Haynes Talks About the End of the Grateful Dead
- Watch the Dark New Trailer for Aaron Sorkin’s ‘Steve Jobs’
- ‘Roots’ Is Getting Rebooted with Laurence Fishburne as Alex Haley
- Kevin Love Announces Return To Cavaliers: ‘I’m Going Back To Cleveland’
- With ‘Inside Out,’ Pixar Scores a Victory—But It Hasn’t Yet Won the War
- Kim Kardashian Says She’s a ‘Feminist’ in ‘Rolling Stone’ Cover Story
- ‘Creed’ Trailer for ‘Rocky’ Spin-Off Is About How Hard You Can Get Hit: Watch
- Prince Debuts New Song ‘HARDROCKLOVER’
- 2015 Cleveland Festival Calendar