Three Students Now Dead Following Shooting At Chardon High School; Gunman Now In Custody
A shooting has taken place at Chardon High School, about 30 miles from Cleveland. Initial reports of a shooting in the cafeteria came in at 7:38am during first period study hall. On the scene were the Sheriff’s Department, the Ohio State Highway Patrol, and helicopters with trauma response teams.
The schools in the area have been locked down and classes have been canceled. Chardon Police Chief Timothy McKenna said the lone student shooter was chased out of the building by a teacher before turning himself in to two innocent bystanders. Immediately, police entered the building to assist injured victims. The gunman has since been taken into custody by the authorities.
Follow the story as more details develop on CBSCleveland.com.
92.3 The Fan will continue to follow the story. Listen to audio below from students who were present at the high school.
More on WNCX.com
- Classic Rock Almanac August 23, 2014
- Win Tickets To The Music Of Led Zeppelin
- Win “A Walk Among The Tombstones” Passes
- State Of The Art Video, Audio Systems Highlight Phase 1 Renovations At FirstEnergy Stadium
- Win Tickets To The 2014 Cleveland Labor Day Oktoberfest
- Phil Rudd on AC/DC: ‘We’ll All Have to Be Dead Before It Stops’
- Q&A: Ace Frehley Would Like To Be a Stand-Up Comedian
- Radio.com Minimation: The Who Can’t Escape Their Fans
- Brad Wilk of Rage Against the Machine Shares His 5 Favorite Drum Solos
- Genesis, Peter Gabriel Prepare Fall Box Collections