A shooting has taken place at Chardon High School, about 30 miles from Cleveland. Initial reports of a shooting in the cafeteria came in at 7:38am during first period study hall. On the scene were the Sheriff’s Department, the Ohio State Highway Patrol, and helicopters with trauma response teams.
The schools in the area have been locked down and classes have been canceled. Chardon Police Chief Timothy McKenna said the lone student shooter was chased out of the building by a teacher before turning himself in to two innocent bystanders. Immediately, police entered the building to assist injured victims. The gunman has since been taken into custody by the authorities.
Follow the story as more details develop on CBSCleveland.com.
92.3 The Fan will continue to follow the story. Listen to audio below from students who were present at the high school.
More on WNCX.com
- Former Allman Brothers Band Members Play Butch Trucks’ Funeral
- It Was The Running Of The Bull, Again In NYC
- The Daily Cut: Journey “Faithfully”
- Classic Rock Almanac February 22, 2017
- CLE Really Does Rock!
- Everclear Announce ‘So Much For The Afterglow’ 20th Anniversary Tour Dates
- Snake VS Spider…Who’s The Big Money On?
- Frances Bean on Kurt Cobain’s 50th Birthday: ‘You are Loved and You are Missed’
- CONCERT ANNOUNCEMENT: Roger Waters Us + Them Tour
- U2 Reworking “Songs”