Three Students Now Dead Following Shooting At Chardon High School; Gunman Now In Custody
A shooting has taken place at Chardon High School, about 30 miles from Cleveland. Initial reports of a shooting in the cafeteria came in at 7:38am during first period study hall. On the scene were the Sheriff’s Department, the Ohio State Highway Patrol, and helicopters with trauma response teams.
The schools in the area have been locked down and classes have been canceled. Chardon Police Chief Timothy McKenna said the lone student shooter was chased out of the building by a teacher before turning himself in to two innocent bystanders. Immediately, police entered the building to assist injured victims. The gunman has since been taken into custody by the authorities.
Follow the story as more details develop on CBSCleveland.com.
92.3 The Fan will continue to follow the story. Listen to audio below from students who were present at the high school.
More on WNCX.com
- 5 Things About ‘The Interview’ from Someone Who Has Seen It
- Browns WR Andrew Hawkins Misses Practice Thursday
- George Harrison, Bee Gees to Receive GRAMMY Lifetime Achievement Awards
- Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan, Lou Reed, ABBA Among 2015 GRAMMY Hall of Fame Inductees
- Game of Thrones Author Offers to Screen ‘The Interview’ at His Movie Theater
- Browns Expect Cam Newton To Play Sunday For Panthers
- Johnny Manziel Looks To Trust His Instincts, Be More Decisive This Week Against Carolina
- Watch Stephen Colbert Attempt to Sell Michael Stipe at a Yard Sale
- Joan Jett to Open for The Who
- PHOTOS: Keith Richards