A shooting has taken place at Chardon High School, about 30 miles from Cleveland. Initial reports of a shooting in the cafeteria came in at 7:38am during first period study hall. On the scene were the Sheriff’s Department, the Ohio State Highway Patrol, and helicopters with trauma response teams.
The schools in the area have been locked down and classes have been canceled. Chardon Police Chief Timothy McKenna said the lone student shooter was chased out of the building by a teacher before turning himself in to two innocent bystanders. Immediately, police entered the building to assist injured victims. The gunman has since been taken into custody by the authorities.
Follow the story as more details develop on CBSCleveland.com.
92.3 The Fan will continue to follow the story. Listen to audio below from students who were present at the high school.
More on WNCX.com
- Toilet Seats For Sale
- PHOTOS: Cleveland Browns vs. Indianapolis Colts
- Bret Michaels Coming To Hard Rock Rocksino Northfield Park
- The Daily Cut: U2 “A Sort of Homecoming”
- Classic Rock Almanac September 25, 2017
- Browns Angered By Trump Comments, DeShone Kizer Says ‘I’m No Son Of A Bitch’
- The Good, And A Lot Of Bad From The Browns 31-28 Loss To Colts
- PHOTOS: Happy 30th Anniversary Bill Louis!
- Classic Rock Almanac September 24, 2017
- Another Cover of AC/DC’s Highway to Hell