A shooting has taken place at Chardon High School, about 30 miles from Cleveland. Initial reports of a shooting in the cafeteria came in at 7:38am during first period study hall. On the scene were the Sheriff’s Department, the Ohio State Highway Patrol, and helicopters with trauma response teams.
The schools in the area have been locked down and classes have been canceled. Chardon Police Chief Timothy McKenna said the lone student shooter was chased out of the building by a teacher before turning himself in to two innocent bystanders. Immediately, police entered the building to assist injured victims. The gunman has since been taken into custody by the authorities.
Follow the story as more details develop on CBSCleveland.com.
92.3 The Fan will continue to follow the story. Listen to audio below from students who were present at the high school.
More on WNCX.com
- Rock Hall 2017 Inductee Exhibits Open Friday
- Prince’s ‘Sign O The Times’ 30 Years Later: A Look Back at His Magnum Opus
- Bob Dylan will Finally Accept His Nobel Prize for Literature
- Is This Worth It?
- The Daily Cut: U2 “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For”
- Classic Rock Almanac March 29, 2017
- Lenny Kravitz to Perform Prince Tribute, Pharrell Williams to Induct Nile Rodgers at Rock Hall Celebration
- Your Cat Probably Likes You More Than Food
- Mr.Classic’s Classic Rock Pick of the Day Bob Seger We’ve Got Tonight
- Is It Strange That A 4-Hour Grateful Dead Documentary Doesn’t Seem Strange?