A shooting has taken place at Chardon High School, about 30 miles from Cleveland. Initial reports of a shooting in the cafeteria came in at 7:38am during first period study hall. On the scene were the Sheriff’s Department, the Ohio State Highway Patrol, and helicopters with trauma response teams.
The schools in the area have been locked down and classes have been canceled. Chardon Police Chief Timothy McKenna said the lone student shooter was chased out of the building by a teacher before turning himself in to two innocent bystanders. Immediately, police entered the building to assist injured victims. The gunman has since been taken into custody by the authorities.
Follow the story as more details develop on CBSCleveland.com.
92.3 The Fan will continue to follow the story. Listen to audio below from students who were present at the high school.
More on WNCX.com
- Look At The Food Airlines Used To Serve On Flights In The 60’s
- Cheap Trick Day At The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame
- Kentucky Derby Preview: Nyquist Looks Ready To Wear Roses
- My Day Without F-Bombs…
- Steven Tyler Announces Solo Tour Dates
- Iggy Pop Stars in New Thriller ‘Blood Orange’: Watch the Trailer
- Scott Stapp Clarifies Stone Temple Pilot Rumors
- Weasel Drags Chicken Across The Road. Why?
- National Teacher Appreciation Day Deals & Freebies
- Watch Steven Tyler Cover Janis Joplin