A shooting has taken place at Chardon High School, about 30 miles from Cleveland. Initial reports of a shooting in the cafeteria came in at 7:38am during first period study hall. On the scene were the Sheriff’s Department, the Ohio State Highway Patrol, and helicopters with trauma response teams.
The schools in the area have been locked down and classes have been canceled. Chardon Police Chief Timothy McKenna said the lone student shooter was chased out of the building by a teacher before turning himself in to two innocent bystanders. Immediately, police entered the building to assist injured victims. The gunman has since been taken into custody by the authorities.
Follow the story as more details develop on CBSCleveland.com.
92.3 The Fan will continue to follow the story. Listen to audio below from students who were present at the high school.
More on WNCX.com
- Paula’s Recipes: Apple Cake
- Watch Michael Stanley Perform My Town At WNCX My Town My Team Rally
- Michael Anthony Reconnects With Van Halen
- Tom Hanks Recreates ‘Big’ Rap
- Browns Notes: Hue Jackson Says ‘We Are Not Trading Joe Thomas’
- Yes! Anderson Rabin Wakeman Bring Prog-Rock Magic to New Jersey
- ZZ Top Announce 2017 Tonnage Tour
- The Daily Cut: The Allman Brothers Band “Hot ‘Lanta”
- Classic Rock Almanac October 25, 2016
- Mr.Classic’s Classic Rock Pick of the Day Stephen Stills TreeTop Flyer