Three Students Now Dead Following Shooting At Chardon High School; Gunman Now In Custody
A shooting has taken place at Chardon High School, about 30 miles from Cleveland. Initial reports of a shooting in the cafeteria came in at 7:38am during first period study hall. On the scene were the Sheriff’s Department, the Ohio State Highway Patrol, and helicopters with trauma response teams.
The schools in the area have been locked down and classes have been canceled. Chardon Police Chief Timothy McKenna said the lone student shooter was chased out of the building by a teacher before turning himself in to two innocent bystanders. Immediately, police entered the building to assist injured victims. The gunman has since been taken into custody by the authorities.
Follow the story as more details develop on CBSCleveland.com.
92.3 The Fan will continue to follow the story. Listen to audio below from students who were present at the high school.
More on WNCX.com
- Roger Waters Needs to Remind You He’s Not on Pink Floyd’s New Album
- Stream Stevie Nicks’ New Album ’24 Karat Gold: Songs From the Vault’
- Browns Sticking With Travis Benjamin At Punt Returner, Could Make Change At Long Snapper
- Prepare Your iCloud: U2’s Next Album is Already 70 Percent Complete
- Eddie Vedder Releases Cover of John Lennon’s ‘Imagine’ on iTunes
- Jimmy Page Conditionally Ponders 2015 Solo Tour
- Tom Morello Responds to 5 Point, Names Fracas ‘Pancake-Gate’
- Queen Releases Stripped-Down Version of Freddie Mercury’s ‘Love Kills': Listen
- PHOTOS: NFL Cheerleaders Week 4
- The Daily Cut October 1, 2014