A shooting has taken place at Chardon High School, about 30 miles from Cleveland. Initial reports of a shooting in the cafeteria came in at 7:38am during first period study hall. On the scene were the Sheriff’s Department, the Ohio State Highway Patrol, and helicopters with trauma response teams.
The schools in the area have been locked down and classes have been canceled. Chardon Police Chief Timothy McKenna said the lone student shooter was chased out of the building by a teacher before turning himself in to two innocent bystanders. Immediately, police entered the building to assist injured victims. The gunman has since been taken into custody by the authorities.
Follow the story as more details develop on CBSCleveland.com.
92.3 The Fan will continue to follow the story. Listen to audio below from students who were present at the high school.
More on WNCX.com
- New Book Reveals Queen In 3-D
- Mr.Classic’s Classic Rock Pick of the Day Deep Purple Perfect Strangers
- WATCH: Kangaroo Beats Up Jogger
- “A Dog’s Purpose” Is Not This
- Clemson QB Deshaun Watson Skipping Senior Bowl, Rosters Announced
- Download Ringo Starr’s Latest Peace Song for Free
- The Daily Cut: The Beatles “A Day in the Life’
- Classic Rock Almanac January 19, 2017
- Bruce Springsteen Bids Obama Farewell with White House Concert
- Children And Grandchildren Of Celebrities Who Model For A Living, Including Bob Dylan’s Grandson