A shooting has taken place at Chardon High School, about 30 miles from Cleveland. Initial reports of a shooting in the cafeteria came in at 7:38am during first period study hall. On the scene were the Sheriff’s Department, the Ohio State Highway Patrol, and helicopters with trauma response teams.
The schools in the area have been locked down and classes have been canceled. Chardon Police Chief Timothy McKenna said the lone student shooter was chased out of the building by a teacher before turning himself in to two innocent bystanders. Immediately, police entered the building to assist injured victims. The gunman has since been taken into custody by the authorities.
Follow the story as more details develop on CBSCleveland.com.
92.3 The Fan will continue to follow the story. Listen to audio below from students who were present at the high school.
More on WNCX.com
- Win Lunch For Four Courtesy Of The Southeast Harley Diner
- On This Day In AC/DC History… May 18th
- Today O’Reilly Auto Parts Elyria Mr.Classic
- Primus’ Les Claypool On Rush’s Rock Hall Induction
- Make It So: A ‘Star Trek’ Playlist
- Marvel Studios’ Captain America: The Winter Soldier Movie Filming Road Closures
- Local Photographer & Former ‘NCX Jock To Be Featured In Local Gallery
- Win Tickets To The Berea Rib Cook-Off
- Premiere: John Fogerty Lyric Video for ‘Mystic River’
- Jerry Cantrell On Heart: “They’ve Influenced A Whole Generation”