A shooting has taken place at Chardon High School, about 30 miles from Cleveland. Initial reports of a shooting in the cafeteria came in at 7:38am during first period study hall. On the scene were the Sheriff’s Department, the Ohio State Highway Patrol, and helicopters with trauma response teams.
The schools in the area have been locked down and classes have been canceled. Chardon Police Chief Timothy McKenna said the lone student shooter was chased out of the building by a teacher before turning himself in to two innocent bystanders. Immediately, police entered the building to assist injured victims. The gunman has since been taken into custody by the authorities.
Follow the story as more details develop on CBSCleveland.com.
92.3 The Fan will continue to follow the story. Listen to audio below from students who were present at the high school.
More on WNCX.com
- Grateful Fest 2016
- If You Wear The Shirt, Don’t Do The Hurt
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Release New Single ‘The Getaway’
- Neil Young Dukes it Out with Explosive Ear of Corn
- Woman Freaks Out, Gets Naked On Frontier Plane
- Lake Erie Monsters In Calder Cup Finals
- Browns Sign Second Round Pick Emmanuel Ogbah
- Monsters Headed To The Calder Cup Finals
- The Daily Cut: Rush “Working Man”
- Classic Rock Almanac May 27, 2016