A shooting has taken place at Chardon High School, about 30 miles from Cleveland. Initial reports of a shooting in the cafeteria came in at 7:38am during first period study hall. On the scene were the Sheriff’s Department, the Ohio State Highway Patrol, and helicopters with trauma response teams.
The schools in the area have been locked down and classes have been canceled. Chardon Police Chief Timothy McKenna said the lone student shooter was chased out of the building by a teacher before turning himself in to two innocent bystanders. Immediately, police entered the building to assist injured victims. The gunman has since been taken into custody by the authorities.
Follow the story as more details develop on CBSCleveland.com.
92.3 The Fan will continue to follow the story. Listen to audio below from students who were present at the high school.
More on WNCX.com
- Win Morgan Movie Passes
- Classic Rock Almanac August 27, 2016
- Win AC/DC Tickets
- What Should You Do With 1250 Bottles of Hot Sauce? Well Here’s One guy’s Idea…
- AXL/DC On The Road Again
- Rock Hall’s Library & Archives To Host Memorabilia Scan Day
- Macy Gray Covers Metallica’s ‘Nothing Else Matters’
- Bruce Springsteen Plays Four Hour Concert in NJ
- The Dialy Cut: Derek and the Dominos “Nobody Knows You When You’re Down and Out”
- Classic Rock Almanac August 26, 2016