Three Students Now Dead Following Shooting At Chardon High School; Gunman Now In Custody
A shooting has taken place at Chardon High School, about 30 miles from Cleveland. Initial reports of a shooting in the cafeteria came in at 7:38am during first period study hall. On the scene were the Sheriff’s Department, the Ohio State Highway Patrol, and helicopters with trauma response teams.
The schools in the area have been locked down and classes have been canceled. Chardon Police Chief Timothy McKenna said the lone student shooter was chased out of the building by a teacher before turning himself in to two innocent bystanders. Immediately, police entered the building to assist injured victims. The gunman has since been taken into custody by the authorities.
Follow the story as more details develop on CBSCleveland.com.
92.3 The Fan will continue to follow the story. Listen to audio below from students who were present at the high school.
More on WNCX.com
- Steven Tyler Confirms Solo Country Album
- Cynthia Lennon, John Lennon’s First Wife, Dead at 75
- iZombie Recap: Episode 3, ‘The Exterminator’
- $10K WORKDAY: Text & Win $1,000
- WNCX Morning Show: A Rough Week for Aging Rockers
- The Daily Cut: David Lee Roth “California Girls”
- Classic Rock Almanac April 1, 2015
- WNCX Morning Show: A Ripped Off Rooster
- WNCX Morning Show: Assault With A Deadly Bra
- WNCX Morning Show: Watt Sings, Gronk Gronks And A Steer Escapes