Three Students Now Dead Following Shooting At Chardon High School; Gunman Now In Custody
A shooting has taken place at Chardon High School, about 30 miles from Cleveland. Initial reports of a shooting in the cafeteria came in at 7:38am during first period study hall. On the scene were the Sheriff’s Department, the Ohio State Highway Patrol, and helicopters with trauma response teams.
The schools in the area have been locked down and classes have been canceled. Chardon Police Chief Timothy McKenna said the lone student shooter was chased out of the building by a teacher before turning himself in to two innocent bystanders. Immediately, police entered the building to assist injured victims. The gunman has since been taken into custody by the authorities.
Follow the story as more details develop on CBSCleveland.com.
92.3 The Fan will continue to follow the story. Listen to audio below from students who were present at the high school.
More on WNCX.com
- Peter Buck Remembers the Time R.E.M. Crushed The Verve in Concert
- David Bowie Announces 40th Anniversary ‘Diamond Dogs’ Picture Disc
- Watch Neil Young Cover ‘Needle of Death’ at Third Man Records
- Two More Led Zeppelin Reissue Tracks Leaked
- Bernie Kosar Responds To Being Replaced On Preseason Telecasts
- PHOTO PROFILE: An Inside Look At Jimi Hendrix
- Ted Nugent’s Next Record ‘Shut Up And Jam’ Is In The Can
- Rock Hall’s List Of The Top 10 Music Festival Performances Of All Time
- Classic Rock Almanac April 24
- The World According To Sophia Vergara