A shooting has taken place at Chardon High School, about 30 miles from Cleveland. Initial reports of a shooting in the cafeteria came in at 7:38am during first period study hall. On the scene were the Sheriff’s Department, the Ohio State Highway Patrol, and helicopters with trauma response teams.
The schools in the area have been locked down and classes have been canceled. Chardon Police Chief Timothy McKenna said the lone student shooter was chased out of the building by a teacher before turning himself in to two innocent bystanders. Immediately, police entered the building to assist injured victims. The gunman has since been taken into custody by the authorities.
Follow the story as more details develop on CBSCleveland.com.
92.3 The Fan will continue to follow the story. Listen to audio below from students who were present at the high school.
More on WNCX.com
- PHOTOS: Remembering Jim Morrison
- GRAMMY Nominations: 7 Bizarre Matchups
- “Here We Go Again” Indeed!
- Hey Guys…If You Ever Read One Blog Of Mine Please Make It This One!
- Paula’s Recipes: Call Them What You Will, I Call Them Delicious
- David Bowie Concert Celebration Set for New York City
- Browns Notes: Hue Jackson Self-Scouts Team, Finds Out ‘We’re Not Where We Need To Be’
- Amy Schumer Flips The Bird
- WATCH: Mother Has Epic Rant About Sold Out “Hatchimals”
- The Daily Cut: The Rolling Stones “Street Fighting Man”