Three Students Now Dead Following Shooting At Chardon High School; Gunman Now In Custody
A shooting has taken place at Chardon High School, about 30 miles from Cleveland. Initial reports of a shooting in the cafeteria came in at 7:38am during first period study hall. On the scene were the Sheriff’s Department, the Ohio State Highway Patrol, and helicopters with trauma response teams.
The schools in the area have been locked down and classes have been canceled. Chardon Police Chief Timothy McKenna said the lone student shooter was chased out of the building by a teacher before turning himself in to two innocent bystanders. Immediately, police entered the building to assist injured victims. The gunman has since been taken into custody by the authorities.
Follow the story as more details develop on CBSCleveland.com.
92.3 The Fan will continue to follow the story. Listen to audio below from students who were present at the high school.
More on WNCX.com
- Beatles Artist Alex Ross Paints What He Loves
- Camp News And Notes: As Injuries Pile Up, Frustration Mounting At Running Back For Mike Pettine
- Camp News And Notes: Terrelle Pryor Injures Hamstring
- The Field Looks Set
- WNCX Morning Show: Delly Gets Into Scuffle; Bills Coach Allegedly Did, Too
- WNCX Morning Show: Repo Man Takes On “Psycho”
- WNCX Morning Show: Hitchbot’s Journey Cut Short in Philly
- WNCX Morning Show: LeBron’s “Trainwreck” Bloopers Show Off King’s Improv Skills
- The Daily Cut: John Lennon “(Just Like) Starting Over”
- Classic Rock Almanac August 4, 2015