Three Students Now Dead Following Shooting At Chardon High School; Gunman Now In Custody
A shooting has taken place at Chardon High School, about 30 miles from Cleveland. Initial reports of a shooting in the cafeteria came in at 7:38am during first period study hall. On the scene were the Sheriff’s Department, the Ohio State Highway Patrol, and helicopters with trauma response teams.
The schools in the area have been locked down and classes have been canceled. Chardon Police Chief Timothy McKenna said the lone student shooter was chased out of the building by a teacher before turning himself in to two innocent bystanders. Immediately, police entered the building to assist injured victims. The gunman has since been taken into custody by the authorities.
Follow the story as more details develop on CBSCleveland.com.
92.3 The Fan will continue to follow the story. Listen to audio below from students who were present at the high school.
More on WNCX.com
- Win Graham Nash w/ The Contemporary Youth Orchestra Tickets
- Win Michael Stanley At Rockin’ On The River Tickets
- Win A Northfield Park Prize Pack
- Win Playmaker’s Sports Grille Lunch
- Win “Jurassic World” Movie Passes
- Classic Rock Almanac May 23, 2015
- U2 Worried Their Tour Was Already Over When The Edge Fell Off the Stage
- Jon Bon Jovi Wrote a Song for Rutgers Grads: Watch
- Rush’s Alex Lifeson’s Arthritis Worsens, May Prevent Future Tours
- Slayer Announce ‘Repentless,’ First Album Without Jeff Hanneman