Three Students Now Dead Following Shooting At Chardon High School; Gunman Now In Custody
A shooting has taken place at Chardon High School, about 30 miles from Cleveland. Initial reports of a shooting in the cafeteria came in at 7:38am during first period study hall. On the scene were the Sheriff’s Department, the Ohio State Highway Patrol, and helicopters with trauma response teams.
The schools in the area have been locked down and classes have been canceled. Chardon Police Chief Timothy McKenna said the lone student shooter was chased out of the building by a teacher before turning himself in to two innocent bystanders. Immediately, police entered the building to assist injured victims. The gunman has since been taken into custody by the authorities.
Follow the story as more details develop on CBSCleveland.com.
92.3 The Fan will continue to follow the story. Listen to audio below from students who were present at the high school.
More on WNCX.com
- Win TSO Tickets
- Win Birdman Movie Passes
- Classic Rock Almanac October 25, 2014
- Win A Zeppe’s Pizzeria Gift Certificate
- Pink Floyd Release Third ‘The Endless River’ Teaser: Watch
- Win A Sport Clips MVP Haircut Experience
- Mike Pettine On Hazing Allegations At His Former High School: “There’s Obviously No Place For That”
- 10 Best Robert Plant Songs Outside of Led Zeppelin
- Westside Bar Gets A Drive-Thru
- Billie Joe Armstrong, Alice Cooper Headline Joan Jett Tribute for Little Kids Rock