A shooting has taken place at Chardon High School, about 30 miles from Cleveland. Initial reports of a shooting in the cafeteria came in at 7:38am during first period study hall. On the scene were the Sheriff’s Department, the Ohio State Highway Patrol, and helicopters with trauma response teams.
The schools in the area have been locked down and classes have been canceled. Chardon Police Chief Timothy McKenna said the lone student shooter was chased out of the building by a teacher before turning himself in to two innocent bystanders. Immediately, police entered the building to assist injured victims. The gunman has since been taken into custody by the authorities.
Follow the story as more details develop on CBSCleveland.com.
92.3 The Fan will continue to follow the story. Listen to audio below from students who were present at the high school.
More on WNCX.com
- Thom Yorke Compares YouTube to Nazi Germany
- Sinead O’Connor Lashes Out at Family in Bizarre Facebook Post
- CONCERT ANNOUNCEMENT: Rock On The Range 2016
- Aaaaah, Mr. Goodell, This Might Hurt A Little Bit…
- Geezer Butler Nixed a Follow-Up to Black Sabbath’s ’13’
- Josh McCown Returns As Browns Host Ravens On Monday Night Football
- Cyber Monday Music Deals—From Taylor Swift to Queen, Save on CDs
- Black Friday Was Red
- Bruce Springsteen’s Box Sets: Ranked
- Is It The Bahamas For The Zips? (WNCX Morning Show)