A shooting has taken place at Chardon High School, about 30 miles from Cleveland. Initial reports of a shooting in the cafeteria came in at 7:38am during first period study hall. On the scene were the Sheriff’s Department, the Ohio State Highway Patrol, and helicopters with trauma response teams.
The schools in the area have been locked down and classes have been canceled. Chardon Police Chief Timothy McKenna said the lone student shooter was chased out of the building by a teacher before turning himself in to two innocent bystanders. Immediately, police entered the building to assist injured victims. The gunman has since been taken into custody by the authorities.
Follow the story as more details develop on CBSCleveland.com.
92.3 The Fan will continue to follow the story. Listen to audio below from students who were present at the high school.
More on WNCX.com
- Classic Rock Almanac July 20, 2017
- You Just Can’t Make This Stuff Up!
- Album John Lennon Autographed for David Chapman Up for Sale Again
- Metallica’s Lars Ulrich Replaced by Adorable Little Girl
- Fleetwood Mac to be Honored as 2018 MusiCares Person of the Year
- Roger Waters Debuts Haunting Video for ‘Wait for Her’
- Remembering David Z. Of TSO
- Loose Moose Shut Down Town
- The Daily Cut: Eagles “Already Gone”
- Classic Rock Almanac July 19, 2017