A shooting has taken place at Chardon High School, about 30 miles from Cleveland. Initial reports of a shooting in the cafeteria came in at 7:38am during first period study hall. On the scene were the Sheriff’s Department, the Ohio State Highway Patrol, and helicopters with trauma response teams.
The schools in the area have been locked down and classes have been canceled. Chardon Police Chief Timothy McKenna said the lone student shooter was chased out of the building by a teacher before turning himself in to two innocent bystanders. Immediately, police entered the building to assist injured victims. The gunman has since been taken into custody by the authorities.
Follow the story as more details develop on CBSCleveland.com.
92.3 The Fan will continue to follow the story. Listen to audio below from students who were present at the high school.
More on WNCX.com
- St. Edward High School Evacuated After Bomb Threat
- Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Remembers Jim Morrison
- Which Loss Hurts Worse?
- VIDEO: Students Give “Bohemian Rhapsody” The Star Wars Treatment
- Classic Rock Almanac: December 9
- Patriots Rally Late To Stun Browns 27-26
- Win Lunch from West Park Station
- Win Passes To The Fresh Harvest Buffet
- Win Tickets To Michael Stanley & The Resonators
- Bob Dylan’s Fender Strat Sells At Christie’s Auction For A Record Selling Price!