[photogallerylink id=56774 align=left]Six years ago today, David Gilmour released his first album in 22 years, On an Island. Today, he’s marking the anniversary by offering a free download and stream of the track “A Pocketful of Stones,” which he co-wrote with his wife, Polly Samson. Today, March 6th also marks David Gilmour’s 66th birthday.
Just head to DavidGilmour.com for your download.
In unrelated Pink Floyd news, Roger Waters says he’s ashamed of England’s colonial past and feels his homeland should return the Falkland Islands to Argentina. Water is on (possibly his last) tour with the Wall. He is currently in South America and starts a nine-show run in Buenos Aires, Argentina tomorrow. More locally, Waters will perform the Wall on June 5th in Detroit, June 10th in Louisville, June 11th in Indianapolis, and July 3rd in Pittsburgh.
More on WNCX.com
- James Young’s Playoff Picks
- Gregg Williams Vows To Toughen Up Browns’ Weak Defense
- Listen to John Mellencamp’s New Song ‘Easy Target’
- Mr.Classic’s Blues Pick of the Day Tom Waits Ol’ 55
- Remembering Miguel Ferrer
- A Cute Story Of Packer Love
- Paul Stanley Through The Years
- The Daily Cut: KISS “I Was Made for Lovin’ You”
- Classic Rock Almanac January 20, 2017
- CONCERT ANNOUNCEMENT: Michael Stanley & The Resonators