Pink Floyd: David Gilmour Offers Up Free Download On His Birthday, Waters Stands Up Against Imperialism
[photogallerylink id=56774 align=left]Six years ago today, David Gilmour released his first album in 22 years, On an Island. Today, he’s marking the anniversary by offering a free download and stream of the track “A Pocketful of Stones,” which he co-wrote with his wife, Polly Samson. Today, March 6th also marks David Gilmour’s 66th birthday.
Just head to DavidGilmour.com for your download.
In unrelated Pink Floyd news, Roger Waters says he’s ashamed of England’s colonial past and feels his homeland should return the Falkland Islands to Argentina. Water is on (possibly his last) tour with the Wall. He is currently in South America and starts a nine-show run in Buenos Aires, Argentina tomorrow. More locally, Waters will perform the Wall on June 5th in Detroit, June 10th in Louisville, June 11th in Indianapolis, and July 3rd in Pittsburgh.
More on WNCX.com
- Classic Rock Almanac April 16
- Your Social Review: Bruce Springsteen At Nationwide Arena April 15, 2014
- Thanks To All Who Came Out And Donated At Our “Sweet 16″ 2014 Bloodsuckers Buffet
- AC/DC Not Breaking Up, Malcolm Young Taking Break From Band Due To Illness
- Alan Parsons Live Project Bringing Greatest Hits Tour To Masonic Auditorium May 13
- Rock’s Funniest Guitar Faces
- Backpack Hoax Foiled
- Courtney Love Doesn’t Like Bruce Springsteen’s Music Because…
- Neil Young’s Pono Kickstarter Raised Over $6 Million
- Rolling Stones Reschedule Australia/New Zealand Dates