Pink Floyd: David Gilmour Offers Up Free Download On His Birthday, Waters Stands Up Against Imperialism
[photogallerylink id=56774 align=left]Six years ago today, David Gilmour released his first album in 22 years, On an Island. Today, he’s marking the anniversary by offering a free download and stream of the track “A Pocketful of Stones,” which he co-wrote with his wife, Polly Samson. Today, March 6th also marks David Gilmour’s 66th birthday.
Just head to DavidGilmour.com for your download.
In unrelated Pink Floyd news, Roger Waters says he’s ashamed of England’s colonial past and feels his homeland should return the Falkland Islands to Argentina. Water is on (possibly his last) tour with the Wall. He is currently in South America and starts a nine-show run in Buenos Aires, Argentina tomorrow. More locally, Waters will perform the Wall on June 5th in Detroit, June 10th in Louisville, June 11th in Indianapolis, and July 3rd in Pittsburgh.
More on WNCX.com
- Pearl Jam Releases First Ever Live Performance of ‘No Code’
- Prince Decides He Doesn’t Want an Internet Presence Anymore
- Joni Mitchell Nixed Biopic Because of Taylor Swift’s Involvement
- PHOTOS: NFL Cheerleaders Week 12
- Despite Crowded AFC, Browns Control Their Own Destiny In Playoff Race
- Bills To Host Browns In Buffalo Sunday
- Ferguson Erupts
- QB Brian Hoyer Might Be Lucky, But The Browns Know They’re Just As Lucky To Have Him
- Browns Fear MCL, PCL Damage To S Tashaun Gipson’s Knee, Undecided About Injured Reserve
- The Daily Cut: Electric Light Orchestra “Evil Woman”