[photogallerylink id=56774 align=left]Six years ago today, David Gilmour released his first album in 22 years, On an Island. Today, he’s marking the anniversary by offering a free download and stream of the track “A Pocketful of Stones,” which he co-wrote with his wife, Polly Samson. Today, March 6th also marks David Gilmour’s 66th birthday.
Just head to DavidGilmour.com for your download.
In unrelated Pink Floyd news, Roger Waters says he’s ashamed of England’s colonial past and feels his homeland should return the Falkland Islands to Argentina. Water is on (possibly his last) tour with the Wall. He is currently in South America and starts a nine-show run in Buenos Aires, Argentina tomorrow. More locally, Waters will perform the Wall on June 5th in Detroit, June 10th in Louisville, June 11th in Indianapolis, and July 3rd in Pittsburgh.
More on WNCX.com
- Eric Clapton Through The Years
- Planning On Getting A New Pooch
- Mr.Classic’s Classic Rock Pick of the Day Highway Star Deep Purple
- Pearl Jam Celebrate Rock Hall Induction with Career Spanning ‘Alive’ Video
- Forget Global Warming, It’s Spiders That We Better Look Out For!
- Rock Hall 2017 Inductee Exhibits Open Friday
- Pink Floyd Recording Console Just Sold for $$$
- Prince’s ‘Sign O The Times’ 30 Years Later: A Look Back at His Magnum Opus
- Bob Dylan will Finally Accept His Nobel Prize for Literature
- Is This Worth It?