Pink Floyd: David Gilmour Offers Up Free Download On His Birthday, Waters Stands Up Against Imperialism
[photogallerylink id=56774 align=left]Six years ago today, David Gilmour released his first album in 22 years, On an Island. Today, he’s marking the anniversary by offering a free download and stream of the track “A Pocketful of Stones,” which he co-wrote with his wife, Polly Samson. Today, March 6th also marks David Gilmour’s 66th birthday.
Just head to DavidGilmour.com for your download.
In unrelated Pink Floyd news, Roger Waters says he’s ashamed of England’s colonial past and feels his homeland should return the Falkland Islands to Argentina. Water is on (possibly his last) tour with the Wall. He is currently in South America and starts a nine-show run in Buenos Aires, Argentina tomorrow. More locally, Waters will perform the Wall on June 5th in Detroit, June 10th in Louisville, June 11th in Indianapolis, and July 3rd in Pittsburgh.
More on WNCX.com
- How To Tell If You’ve Smoked Too Much Weed; Update #3 (NE Ohio Edition)
- Dave Grohl Announces New Foo Fighters Music
- 7 Things We Hope to See at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Ice – Ice Baby
- Woman’s Eye Glued Shut (WNCX Morning Show)
- Shia LaBeouf Arrested… Again (WNCX Morning Show)
- They Got Legs… One’s Broke, The Other Catches Touchdowns (WNCX Morning Show)
- The Daily Cut: Big Brother and the Holding Company “Ball and Chain”
- Classic Rock Almanac October 12, 2015
- Reason To Exhale: Browns Finally Win In Baltimore, Breathe Life Into The Season