Pink Floyd: David Gilmour Offers Up Free Download On His Birthday, Waters Stands Up Against Imperialism
[photogallerylink id=56774 align=left]Six years ago today, David Gilmour released his first album in 22 years, On an Island. Today, he’s marking the anniversary by offering a free download and stream of the track “A Pocketful of Stones,” which he co-wrote with his wife, Polly Samson. Today, March 6th also marks David Gilmour’s 66th birthday.
Just head to DavidGilmour.com for your download.
In unrelated Pink Floyd news, Roger Waters says he’s ashamed of England’s colonial past and feels his homeland should return the Falkland Islands to Argentina. Water is on (possibly his last) tour with the Wall. He is currently in South America and starts a nine-show run in Buenos Aires, Argentina tomorrow. More locally, Waters will perform the Wall on June 5th in Detroit, June 10th in Louisville, June 11th in Indianapolis, and July 3rd in Pittsburgh.
More on WNCX.com
- Gene Simmons Defends the 1 Percent, Claims Half of Americans Pay No Taxes: ‘Try Being Nice to Rich People’
- Watch Eddie Vedder’s Poignant Cover of John Lennon’s ‘Imagine’
- Watch Weird Al Take on Corporate Jargon, Crosby Stills & Nash with ‘Mission Statement’
- Stream ‘Hypnotic Eye,’ the New Album from Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
- Like Father Like Son
- Win Tickets To “Douse The House”
- Win Passes To The Cuyahoga County Fair
- Win Lunch Courtesy Of Which Wich Superior Sandwiches
- Classic Rock Almanac July 20, 2014
- Win A Pro Football Hall Of Fame VIP Prize Pack