Pink Floyd: David Gilmour Offers Up Free Download On His Birthday, Waters Stands Up Against Imperialism
[photogallerylink id=56774 align=left]Six years ago today, David Gilmour released his first album in 22 years, On an Island. Today, he’s marking the anniversary by offering a free download and stream of the track “A Pocketful of Stones,” which he co-wrote with his wife, Polly Samson. Today, March 6th also marks David Gilmour’s 66th birthday.
Just head to DavidGilmour.com for your download.
In unrelated Pink Floyd news, Roger Waters says he’s ashamed of England’s colonial past and feels his homeland should return the Falkland Islands to Argentina. Water is on (possibly his last) tour with the Wall. He is currently in South America and starts a nine-show run in Buenos Aires, Argentina tomorrow. More locally, Waters will perform the Wall on June 5th in Detroit, June 10th in Louisville, June 11th in Indianapolis, and July 3rd in Pittsburgh.
More on WNCX.com
- Single Again: Survivor – ‘Eye of the Tiger’
- Brian Hoyer Admits Anger Over Loss To Jacksonville; Sees Opportunity Rather Than Despair
- Classic Rock Almanac October 23, 2014
- Browns DL Ahtyba Rubin Returns To Practice
- Listen to an Alternate Version of Led Zeppelin’s ‘Stairway to Heaven’
- CBS Local Rewards Is Live!
- 3’s A Crowd? Browns Have “Problem” Sharing Carries Among 3 Backs
- The Daily Cut: The Cars “Just What I Needed”
- Classic Rock Almanac October 22, 2014
- Interview: Joe Perry on Marriage, His New Memoir and the Future of Aerosmith