[photogallerylink id=56774 align=left]Six years ago today, David Gilmour released his first album in 22 years, On an Island. Today, he’s marking the anniversary by offering a free download and stream of the track “A Pocketful of Stones,” which he co-wrote with his wife, Polly Samson. Today, March 6th also marks David Gilmour’s 66th birthday.
Just head to DavidGilmour.com for your download.
In unrelated Pink Floyd news, Roger Waters says he’s ashamed of England’s colonial past and feels his homeland should return the Falkland Islands to Argentina. Water is on (possibly his last) tour with the Wall. He is currently in South America and starts a nine-show run in Buenos Aires, Argentina tomorrow. More locally, Waters will perform the Wall on June 5th in Detroit, June 10th in Louisville, June 11th in Indianapolis, and July 3rd in Pittsburgh.
More on WNCX.com
- PHOTOS: Remembering Jim Morrison
- GRAMMY Nominations: 7 Bizarre Matchups
- “Here We Go Again” Indeed!
- Hey Guys…If You Ever Read One Blog Of Mine Please Make It This One!
- Paula’s Recipes: Call Them What You Will, I Call Them Delicious
- David Bowie Concert Celebration Set for New York City
- Browns Notes: Hue Jackson Self-Scouts Team, Finds Out ‘We’re Not Where We Need To Be’
- Amy Schumer Flips The Bird
- WATCH: Mother Has Epic Rant About Sold Out “Hatchimals”
- The Daily Cut: The Rolling Stones “Street Fighting Man”