[photogallerylink id=56774 align=left]Six years ago today, David Gilmour released his first album in 22 years, On an Island. Today, he’s marking the anniversary by offering a free download and stream of the track “A Pocketful of Stones,” which he co-wrote with his wife, Polly Samson. Today, March 6th also marks David Gilmour’s 66th birthday.
Just head to DavidGilmour.com for your download.
In unrelated Pink Floyd news, Roger Waters says he’s ashamed of England’s colonial past and feels his homeland should return the Falkland Islands to Argentina. Water is on (possibly his last) tour with the Wall. He is currently in South America and starts a nine-show run in Buenos Aires, Argentina tomorrow. More locally, Waters will perform the Wall on June 5th in Detroit, June 10th in Louisville, June 11th in Indianapolis, and July 3rd in Pittsburgh.
More on WNCX.com
- Rare White Moose
- Stream Metallica’s Last North American Show Tonight
- Browns Camp Notes: Brock Osweiler To Start Monday Night Against Giants, 2 Linemen Hurt
- Another Take On Jabrill Peppers…
- PHOTOS: Cedar Point Announces Steel Vengeance Roller Coaster
- Ted Nugent Blasts David Crosby Over Rock Hall Insult
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra ‘The Ghosts of Christmas Eve’ Coming To Quicken Loans Arena
- Elvis Presley Fans Now Have to Pay to Visit the Singer’s Grave
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra’s Winter Tour To Honor Paul O’Neill
- Watch Van Morrison Perform New Song ‘Transformation’