[photogallerylink id=56774 align=left]Six years ago today, David Gilmour released his first album in 22 years, On an Island. Today, he’s marking the anniversary by offering a free download and stream of the track “A Pocketful of Stones,” which he co-wrote with his wife, Polly Samson. Today, March 6th also marks David Gilmour’s 66th birthday.
Just head to DavidGilmour.com for your download.
In unrelated Pink Floyd news, Roger Waters says he’s ashamed of England’s colonial past and feels his homeland should return the Falkland Islands to Argentina. Water is on (possibly his last) tour with the Wall. He is currently in South America and starts a nine-show run in Buenos Aires, Argentina tomorrow. More locally, Waters will perform the Wall on June 5th in Detroit, June 10th in Louisville, June 11th in Indianapolis, and July 3rd in Pittsburgh.
More on WNCX.com
- Ted Nugent Picks Donald Trump’s Next Theme Song
- Legendary Blue Oyster Cult Producer, Sandy Pearlman Dead At 72
- George Harrison’s Unfinished Tracks May be Completed by Son Dhani
- Willie Nelson & Neil Young to Headline Outlaw Music Festival
- ‘Stairway to Heaven’ Ruling Appealed
- Welcome Back #12
- Allman Brothers Again?
- Stephen Colbert Performs Zany DNC Convention Song
- Audio: Josh Gordon Is Reinstated, But The Ball Is In His Court
- NFL Reinstates Suspended Browns Wide Receiver Josh Gordon