Pink Floyd: David Gilmour Offers Up Free Download On His Birthday, Waters Stands Up Against Imperialism
[photogallerylink id=56774 align=left]Six years ago today, David Gilmour released his first album in 22 years, On an Island. Today, he’s marking the anniversary by offering a free download and stream of the track “A Pocketful of Stones,” which he co-wrote with his wife, Polly Samson. Today, March 6th also marks David Gilmour’s 66th birthday.
Just head to DavidGilmour.com for your download.
In unrelated Pink Floyd news, Roger Waters says he’s ashamed of England’s colonial past and feels his homeland should return the Falkland Islands to Argentina. Water is on (possibly his last) tour with the Wall. He is currently in South America and starts a nine-show run in Buenos Aires, Argentina tomorrow. More locally, Waters will perform the Wall on June 5th in Detroit, June 10th in Louisville, June 11th in Indianapolis, and July 3rd in Pittsburgh.
More on WNCX.com
- Michael Jackson Is Apparently to Blame for Guns N’ Roses’ Breakup
- Kacey Musgraves, Brian Wilson Duet on ‘Guess You Had to Be There': Listen
- March Madness In O-H-I-O
- Could Spygate, Bountygate Define “Severe” For Browns Textgate Penalty?
- WNCX Morning Show: (Yoko) Oh No! One Direction Loses A Member
- WNCX Morning Show: Carpool Cheater Was Uno, Not Dos
- WNCX Morning Show: Cavs Making It Look Easy And “The Madness” Comes to Cleveland
- The Daily Cut: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers “Don’t Come Around Here No More”
- Classic Rock Almanac March 26, 2015
- PHOTOS: NCAA Men’s Basketball Midwest Regional Practice