Pink Floyd: David Gilmour Offers Up Free Download On His Birthday, Waters Stands Up Against Imperialism
[photogallerylink id=56774 align=left]Six years ago today, David Gilmour released his first album in 22 years, On an Island. Today, he’s marking the anniversary by offering a free download and stream of the track “A Pocketful of Stones,” which he co-wrote with his wife, Polly Samson. Today, March 6th also marks David Gilmour’s 66th birthday.
Just head to DavidGilmour.com for your download.
In unrelated Pink Floyd news, Roger Waters says he’s ashamed of England’s colonial past and feels his homeland should return the Falkland Islands to Argentina. Water is on (possibly his last) tour with the Wall. He is currently in South America and starts a nine-show run in Buenos Aires, Argentina tomorrow. More locally, Waters will perform the Wall on June 5th in Detroit, June 10th in Louisville, June 11th in Indianapolis, and July 3rd in Pittsburgh.
More on WNCX.com
- Balloon Boy Has Started a Metal Band: Watch the Epic ‘No Hoax’ Video
- Download the Grateful Dead’s First ‘Fare Thee Well’ Chicago Show for Free
- Ringo Starr to Celebrate 75th Birthday with L.A. Celebration
- Can Women Be Beautiful and Funny? Hollywood Execs Still Not Sure
- 2015 Browns Training Camp Schedule Announced; 11 Practices Open To Public Starting July 30
- Warren Haynes on the Confederate Flag: ‘You Don’t Need a Symbol to Be Proud of Who You Are’
- He’s Country Now, But Steven Tyler’s ‘Love Is Your Name’ Video Is Still So, Well, Steven Tyler
- Kevin Love Featured On Cover Of ESPN’s Body Issue; Talks About Shoulder Injury, Weight And Fitness
- The Big One…Again
- Yoko Ono Won’t Let ISIS & Jihadi John ‘Destroy the Memory of John Lennon’