[photogallerylink id=56774 align=left]Six years ago today, David Gilmour released his first album in 22 years, On an Island. Today, he’s marking the anniversary by offering a free download and stream of the track “A Pocketful of Stones,” which he co-wrote with his wife, Polly Samson. Today, March 6th also marks David Gilmour’s 66th birthday.
Just head to DavidGilmour.com for your download.
In unrelated Pink Floyd news, Roger Waters says he’s ashamed of England’s colonial past and feels his homeland should return the Falkland Islands to Argentina. Water is on (possibly his last) tour with the Wall. He is currently in South America and starts a nine-show run in Buenos Aires, Argentina tomorrow. More locally, Waters will perform the Wall on June 5th in Detroit, June 10th in Louisville, June 11th in Indianapolis, and July 3rd in Pittsburgh.
More on WNCX.com
- No Sympathy For Those Devils…
- QB Jason Campbell Cleared, To Start vs. Patriots
- Horror Movie Starring Robert Englund Filming In Medina
- KISS, Nirvana Leading Fan Ballot For Rock Hall Induction
- INSIDE LOOK: The Who
- Peter Gabriel Remembers Nelson Mandela: ‘It Leaves an Enormous Hole’
- Unlucky Week 13 In Foxboro
- Inside The Music Of ‘Inside Llewyn Davis’: A 1960s Folk Primer
- Barking In Berea: The Dawgs Go Hunting (For Deals and Deer)
- Classic Rock Almanac: December 6