Pink Floyd: David Gilmour Offers Up Free Download On His Birthday, Waters Stands Up Against Imperialism
[photogallerylink id=56774 align=left]Six years ago today, David Gilmour released his first album in 22 years, On an Island. Today, he’s marking the anniversary by offering a free download and stream of the track “A Pocketful of Stones,” which he co-wrote with his wife, Polly Samson. Today, March 6th also marks David Gilmour’s 66th birthday.
Just head to DavidGilmour.com for your download.
In unrelated Pink Floyd news, Roger Waters says he’s ashamed of England’s colonial past and feels his homeland should return the Falkland Islands to Argentina. Water is on (possibly his last) tour with the Wall. He is currently in South America and starts a nine-show run in Buenos Aires, Argentina tomorrow. More locally, Waters will perform the Wall on June 5th in Detroit, June 10th in Louisville, June 11th in Indianapolis, and July 3rd in Pittsburgh.
More on WNCX.com
- John Stamos Calls Out Olsen Twins for Saying They Weren’t Told About ‘Fuller House’ Reboot
- Watch Sesame Street’s ‘Avengers’ Parody
- Hootie and the Blowfish to Reunite on ‘Late Show with David Letterman’
- Radio.com Minimation: The Rolling Stones’ ‘New Guy’ Ron Wood on Joining the Band
- Painful Sweep
- Paul McCartney Announces First U.S. Headlining Show of 2015
- CONCERT ANNOUNCEMENT: Graham Nash At Hard Rock Rocksino Northfield Park
- WNCX Morning Show: Dog Enjoys Timepiece Treats
- WNCX Morning Show: A Rough Day For “Freddie Gray” Reporters
- CLE Little League Challenge: PINGO