[photogallerylink id=56774 align=left]Six years ago today, David Gilmour released his first album in 22 years, On an Island. Today, he’s marking the anniversary by offering a free download and stream of the track “A Pocketful of Stones,” which he co-wrote with his wife, Polly Samson. Today, March 6th also marks David Gilmour’s 66th birthday.
Just head to DavidGilmour.com for your download.
In unrelated Pink Floyd news, Roger Waters says he’s ashamed of England’s colonial past and feels his homeland should return the Falkland Islands to Argentina. Water is on (possibly his last) tour with the Wall. He is currently in South America and starts a nine-show run in Buenos Aires, Argentina tomorrow. More locally, Waters will perform the Wall on June 5th in Detroit, June 10th in Louisville, June 11th in Indianapolis, and July 3rd in Pittsburgh.
More on WNCX.com
- George Harrison’s Birthday Boxed Set
- The Baby Watch Continues For April The Giraffe
- The Daily Cut: George Thorogood “Bad to the Bone”
- Watch FirstEnergy’s Lake Shore Power Station Implode
- Classic Rock Almanac February 24, 2017
- Remembering George Harrison
- The 28 Hottest TV Wives
- A Hair Freezing Competition: Really?
- Sir Paul & The Who Adorn Microphones For Charity
- Peter Gabriel’s Solo Debut: A Look Back, 40 Years Later