Pink Floyd: David Gilmour Offers Up Free Download On His Birthday, Waters Stands Up Against Imperialism
[photogallerylink id=56774 align=left]Six years ago today, David Gilmour released his first album in 22 years, On an Island. Today, he’s marking the anniversary by offering a free download and stream of the track “A Pocketful of Stones,” which he co-wrote with his wife, Polly Samson. Today, March 6th also marks David Gilmour’s 66th birthday.
Just head to DavidGilmour.com for your download.
In unrelated Pink Floyd news, Roger Waters says he’s ashamed of England’s colonial past and feels his homeland should return the Falkland Islands to Argentina. Water is on (possibly his last) tour with the Wall. He is currently in South America and starts a nine-show run in Buenos Aires, Argentina tomorrow. More locally, Waters will perform the Wall on June 5th in Detroit, June 10th in Louisville, June 11th in Indianapolis, and July 3rd in Pittsburgh.
More on WNCX.com
- The World According To Sophia Vergara
- Browns Schedule: Open 2014 Season At Steelers, Thursday Night Game Nov. 6 At Bengals
- The Pizza Cake, Coming To A Canadian Pizza Store Near-ish You
- NYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires – #myNYPD Goes Viral With Photos Of Police Brutality
- Robert Plant: ‘Zero’ Chance of Led Zeppelin Reunion
- Is It Too Soon?
- Classic Rock Almanac April 23
- The Rolling Stones Entire Music Catalog In Album Covers
- Classic Rock Almanac April 22
- Radio.com Minimation: Frank Zappa and the Hot, Smelly Garrick Theatre Gigs