[photogallerylink id=56774 align=left]Six years ago today, David Gilmour released his first album in 22 years, On an Island. Today, he’s marking the anniversary by offering a free download and stream of the track “A Pocketful of Stones,” which he co-wrote with his wife, Polly Samson. Today, March 6th also marks David Gilmour’s 66th birthday.
Just head to DavidGilmour.com for your download.
In unrelated Pink Floyd news, Roger Waters says he’s ashamed of England’s colonial past and feels his homeland should return the Falkland Islands to Argentina. Water is on (possibly his last) tour with the Wall. He is currently in South America and starts a nine-show run in Buenos Aires, Argentina tomorrow. More locally, Waters will perform the Wall on June 5th in Detroit, June 10th in Louisville, June 11th in Indianapolis, and July 3rd in Pittsburgh.
More on WNCX.com
- Today O’Reilly Auto Parts Elyria Mr.Classic
- Primus’ Les Claypool On Rush’s Rock Hall Induction
- Make It So: A ‘Star Trek’ Playlist
- Marvel Studios’ Captain America: The Winter Soldier Movie Filming Road Closures
- Local Photographer & Former ‘NCX Jock To Be Featured In Local Gallery
- Win Tickets To The Berea Rib Cook-Off
- Premiere: John Fogerty Lyric Video for ‘Mystic River’
- Jerry Cantrell On Heart: “They’ve Influenced A Whole Generation”
- Michael Stanley’s After-Work DoubleShot: Joe Walsh
- Highlights From The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony