Pink Floyd: David Gilmour Offers Up Free Download On His Birthday, Waters Stands Up Against Imperialism
[photogallerylink id=56774 align=left]Six years ago today, David Gilmour released his first album in 22 years, On an Island. Today, he’s marking the anniversary by offering a free download and stream of the track “A Pocketful of Stones,” which he co-wrote with his wife, Polly Samson. Today, March 6th also marks David Gilmour’s 66th birthday.
Just head to DavidGilmour.com for your download.
In unrelated Pink Floyd news, Roger Waters says he’s ashamed of England’s colonial past and feels his homeland should return the Falkland Islands to Argentina. Water is on (possibly his last) tour with the Wall. He is currently in South America and starts a nine-show run in Buenos Aires, Argentina tomorrow. More locally, Waters will perform the Wall on June 5th in Detroit, June 10th in Louisville, June 11th in Indianapolis, and July 3rd in Pittsburgh.
More on WNCX.com
- Win A Sport Clips MVP Haircut Experience
- Mike Pettine On Hazing Allegations At His Former High School: “There’s Obviously No Place For That”
- 10 Best Robert Plant Songs Outside of Led Zeppelin
- Westside Bar Gets A Drive-Thru
- Billie Joe Armstrong, Alice Cooper Headline Joan Jett Tribute for Little Kids Rock
- Bob Dylan Shares 1967 Recording of ‘900 Miles From My Home': Listen
- Browns Searching For Ways To Patch Holes In Worst Run Defense In The League
- Browns Punt Return Unit Anything But Special
- The Daily Cut: The Doobie Brothers “Jesus Is Just Alright”
- Classic Rock Almanac October 24, 2014