[photogallerylink id=56774 align=left]Six years ago today, David Gilmour released his first album in 22 years, On an Island. Today, he’s marking the anniversary by offering a free download and stream of the track “A Pocketful of Stones,” which he co-wrote with his wife, Polly Samson. Today, March 6th also marks David Gilmour’s 66th birthday.
Just head to DavidGilmour.com for your download.
In unrelated Pink Floyd news, Roger Waters says he’s ashamed of England’s colonial past and feels his homeland should return the Falkland Islands to Argentina. Water is on (possibly his last) tour with the Wall. He is currently in South America and starts a nine-show run in Buenos Aires, Argentina tomorrow. More locally, Waters will perform the Wall on June 5th in Detroit, June 10th in Louisville, June 11th in Indianapolis, and July 3rd in Pittsburgh.
More on WNCX.com
- Artists Send Support after Explosion at Ariana Grande Concert
- Explosion at Ariana Grande Concert Kills Fans at Manchester Arena
- If All 71-Year-Olds Looked Like Cher Those AARP Parties Would Rock!
- ‘China Test Girls’ Starring Danny Trejo, Gets Soundtrack by Yoko Ono
- Win Outlaw Music Festival Tickets
- Eastern Conference Finals Game 5 Watch Party Tickets On Sale
- Setlist For Roger Waters Us + Them Concert
- Former Van Halen Manager Tells All in Book about Band’s Early Days
- PHOTOS: 2017 Billboard Music Awards Arrivals
- Brian May Says Freddie Mercury Lost Most of Foot During AIDS Battle