[photogallerylink id=56774 align=left]Six years ago today, David Gilmour released his first album in 22 years, On an Island. Today, he’s marking the anniversary by offering a free download and stream of the track “A Pocketful of Stones,” which he co-wrote with his wife, Polly Samson. Today, March 6th also marks David Gilmour’s 66th birthday.
Just head to DavidGilmour.com for your download.
In unrelated Pink Floyd news, Roger Waters says he’s ashamed of England’s colonial past and feels his homeland should return the Falkland Islands to Argentina. Water is on (possibly his last) tour with the Wall. He is currently in South America and starts a nine-show run in Buenos Aires, Argentina tomorrow. More locally, Waters will perform the Wall on June 5th in Detroit, June 10th in Louisville, June 11th in Indianapolis, and July 3rd in Pittsburgh.
More on WNCX.com
- How “Rootable” Is Your favorite NBA Team?
- Rush Unveil ‘A Farewell to Kings’ 40th Anniversary Deluxe Reissue
- Phil Collins Never Wanted To Sing For Genesis
- Classic Rock Almanac October 19, 2017
- Billy Joel Is Going To Be A Dad… Again!
- The Troll Turns Himself In
- The Daily Cut: Alice Cooper “School’s Out”
- New Feature On Google Maps Lets You Go To Space
- Watch Black Sabbath Play ‘Paranoid’ at The Band’s Last Concert Ever
- QB Shuffle: DeShone Kizer To Start For Browns Sunday Against Titans