Pink Floyd: David Gilmour Offers Up Free Download On His Birthday, Waters Stands Up Against Imperialism
[photogallerylink id=56774 align=left]Six years ago today, David Gilmour released his first album in 22 years, On an Island. Today, he’s marking the anniversary by offering a free download and stream of the track “A Pocketful of Stones,” which he co-wrote with his wife, Polly Samson. Today, March 6th also marks David Gilmour’s 66th birthday.
Just head to DavidGilmour.com for your download.
In unrelated Pink Floyd news, Roger Waters says he’s ashamed of England’s colonial past and feels his homeland should return the Falkland Islands to Argentina. Water is on (possibly his last) tour with the Wall. He is currently in South America and starts a nine-show run in Buenos Aires, Argentina tomorrow. More locally, Waters will perform the Wall on June 5th in Detroit, June 10th in Louisville, June 11th in Indianapolis, and July 3rd in Pittsburgh.
More on WNCX.com
- Roger Waters Needs to Remind You He’s Not on Pink Floyd’s New Album
- Stream Stevie Nicks’ New Album ’24 Karat Gold: Songs From the Vault’
- Browns Sticking With Travis Benjamin At Punt Returner, Could Make Change At Long Snapper
- Prepare Your iCloud: U2’s Next Album is Already 70 Percent Complete
- Eddie Vedder Releases Cover of John Lennon’s ‘Imagine’ on iTunes
- Jimmy Page Conditionally Ponders 2015 Solo Tour
- Tom Morello Responds to 5 Point, Names Fracas ‘Pancake-Gate’
- Queen Releases Stripped-Down Version of Freddie Mercury’s ‘Love Kills': Listen
- PHOTOS: NFL Cheerleaders Week 4
- The Daily Cut October 1, 2014