Pink Floyd: David Gilmour Offers Up Free Download On His Birthday, Waters Stands Up Against Imperialism
[photogallerylink id=56774 align=left]Six years ago today, David Gilmour released his first album in 22 years, On an Island. Today, he’s marking the anniversary by offering a free download and stream of the track “A Pocketful of Stones,” which he co-wrote with his wife, Polly Samson. Today, March 6th also marks David Gilmour’s 66th birthday.
Just head to DavidGilmour.com for your download.
In unrelated Pink Floyd news, Roger Waters says he’s ashamed of England’s colonial past and feels his homeland should return the Falkland Islands to Argentina. Water is on (possibly his last) tour with the Wall. He is currently in South America and starts a nine-show run in Buenos Aires, Argentina tomorrow. More locally, Waters will perform the Wall on June 5th in Detroit, June 10th in Louisville, June 11th in Indianapolis, and July 3rd in Pittsburgh.
More on WNCX.com
- The Daily Cut: Jethro Tull “Thick as a Brick”
- Classic Rock Almanac July 30, 2015
- WNCX Morning Show: There’s No Sleeping On Baywatch!
- WNCX Morning Show: Cougar Petting Guy Gets His Own Cage
- WNCX Morning Show: Belichick Mute About Brady Suspension
- Dave Grohl Rehabbing His Broken Leg With Led Zeppelin Music
- Ted Talks: Nugent Weighs in on Cecil the Lion Debate
- Plenty Of Competition For Browns As Camp Kicks Off Thursday
- Sellers Not Buyers
- WNCX Morning Show: Big Cat Still Big News In Milwaukee