Pink Floyd: David Gilmour Offers Up Free Download On His Birthday, Waters Stands Up Against Imperialism
[photogallerylink id=56774 align=left]Six years ago today, David Gilmour released his first album in 22 years, On an Island. Today, he’s marking the anniversary by offering a free download and stream of the track “A Pocketful of Stones,” which he co-wrote with his wife, Polly Samson. Today, March 6th also marks David Gilmour’s 66th birthday.
Just head to DavidGilmour.com for your download.
In unrelated Pink Floyd news, Roger Waters says he’s ashamed of England’s colonial past and feels his homeland should return the Falkland Islands to Argentina. Water is on (possibly his last) tour with the Wall. He is currently in South America and starts a nine-show run in Buenos Aires, Argentina tomorrow. More locally, Waters will perform the Wall on June 5th in Detroit, June 10th in Louisville, June 11th in Indianapolis, and July 3rd in Pittsburgh.
More on WNCX.com
- Watch a Previously Unseen TV Interview with Jerry Garcia
- Don’t Say The “S” Word, But It Would Be Nice
- PHOTOS: Michael Stanley & The Resonators
- B.B. King’s Daughters Allege He Was Poisoned, Lawyer Says That’s ‘Ridiculous’
- Radio.com Minimation: Slash Performs with Michael Jackson, But Doesn’t Dance
- The Daily Cut: Scorpions “Wind of Change”
- Classic Rock Almanac May 26, 2015
- LeBron Carries Cavs To 114-111 OT Win Over Hawks, 1 Win From NBA Finals
- Classic Rock Almanac May 25, 2015
- Win Pine Brook Golf Club Passes