Ronnie Montrose passed away on March 3rd at the age of 64. Singer Sammy Hagar praised the rock musician who founded the band Montrose.
Ronnie is what one might call a musician’s guitarist, one the is inspiring without the extra fluff that comes with being too famous. I loved Montrose long before I fully understood the rock ‘n’ roll guitar. As my taste grew and my knowledge expanded, I found many guitar players had at least one Montrose tune they loved to play, and that speak volumes to Ronnie.
More on WNCX.com
- How Many Times Can You Watch Pretty Woman?
- Win Office Christmas Party Movie Passes
- Classic Rock Almanac December 3, 2016
- Win Cleveland Metroparks Chalet Toboggan Chutes Family Season Pass
- Win Cleveland Monsters Tickets
- 7 Insane Musical Christmas Light Displays
- 1977-2017: Albums Turning 40 In 2017
- Keith Richards: ‘On Stage, Sometimes, I Feel Immortal’
- 5 Best Songs on the Rolling Stones’ ‘Blue and Lonesome’
- Dead & Company 2017 Tour Dates