Ronnie Montrose passed away on March 3rd at the age of 64. Singer Sammy Hagar praised the rock musician who founded the band Montrose.
Ronnie is what one might call a musician’s guitarist, one the is inspiring without the extra fluff that comes with being too famous. I loved Montrose long before I fully understood the rock ‘n’ roll guitar. As my taste grew and my knowledge expanded, I found many guitar players had at least one Montrose tune they loved to play, and that speak volumes to Ronnie.
More on WNCX.com
- Bruce Springsteen Wrote a Song For ‘Harry Potter’ That Was Never Used
- Green Day Down to Play Desert Trip in 30 Years
- Bridge School Benefit This Weekend
- Bon Jovi Hits Broadway to Play New Album
- What Nobel Prize? Bob Dylan’s Website Removes Mention
- Stream the ‘Lazarus’ Album Featuring David Bowie’s Final Recordings
- Weird Al Moderates Presidential Debate on ‘Bad Hombres, Nasty Women’
- Terrelle Pryor, Browns Not Happy Titans RB Antonio Andrews Posted Video Of Hit On Jordan Poyer And Bragged About It
- AUDIO: Barking In Berea- Joe Thomas On Drone Injuries
- AUDIO: Barking In Berea – Doug Dieken’s “Grover” Story