Ronnie Montrose passed away on March 3rd at the age of 64. Singer Sammy Hagar praised the rock musician who founded the band Montrose.
Ronnie is what one might call a musician’s guitarist, one the is inspiring without the extra fluff that comes with being too famous. I loved Montrose long before I fully understood the rock ‘n’ roll guitar. As my taste grew and my knowledge expanded, I found many guitar players had at least one Montrose tune they loved to play, and that speak volumes to Ronnie.
More on WNCX.com
- Cheap Trick Day At The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame
- Kentucky Derby Preview: Nyquist Looks Ready To Wear Roses
- My Day Without F-Bombs…
- Steven Tyler Announces Solo Tour Dates
- Iggy Pop Stars in New Thriller ‘Blood Orange’: Watch the Trailer
- Scott Stapp Clarifies Stone Temple Pilot Rumors
- Weasel Drags Chicken Across The Road. Why?
- National Teacher Appreciation Day Deals & Freebies
- Watch Steven Tyler Cover Janis Joplin
- Pearl Jam Joined on Stage at MSG by Sting, Cheap Trick