Ronnie Montrose passed away on March 3rd at the age of 64. Singer Sammy Hagar praised the rock musician who founded the band Montrose.
Ronnie is what one might call a musician’s guitarist, one the is inspiring without the extra fluff that comes with being too famous. I loved Montrose long before I fully understood the rock ‘n’ roll guitar. As my taste grew and my knowledge expanded, I found many guitar players had at least one Montrose tune they loved to play, and that speak volumes to Ronnie.
More on WNCX.com
- Classic Rock Almanac April 23, 2017
- Win Cleveland Gladiators Tickets
- Win A $50 House of Blues Restaurant & Bar Gift Card
- Win A Northfield Park Prize Pack
- Classic Rock Almanac April 22, 2017
- Win Cleveland Metroparks Golf
- Firefighter Catches Baby From 2 Story Drop
- Students Cover Prince’s ‘Let’s Work’ in Adorable Video
- Thor Makes Immigrant Song A Hit Single
- Roger Waters Debuts New Track ‘Smell the Roses’