Ronnie Montrose passed away on March 3rd at the age of 64. Singer Sammy Hagar praised the rock musician who founded the band Montrose.
Ronnie is what one might call a musician’s guitarist, one the is inspiring without the extra fluff that comes with being too famous. I loved Montrose long before I fully understood the rock ‘n’ roll guitar. As my taste grew and my knowledge expanded, I found many guitar players had at least one Montrose tune they loved to play, and that speak volumes to Ronnie.
More on WNCX.com
- Win Cuyahoga County Fair Passes
- Classic Rock Almanac July 29, 2016
- On This Day In AC/DC History…July 28th, 1979! CLEVELAND!
- I Swear, It’s Not Meth, It’s Krispy Kreme Doughnut Glaze
- Browns Welcome Josh Gordon Back But Plan To Hold Him Accountable
- MTV Classic to Launch Aug 1 with Focus on 90s
- Rolling Stones’ Havana Concert Coming to a Theater Near You
- Havana Moon Shines On The Rolling Stones
- Vince Neil Pleads Not Guilty to Assaulting Fan
- Bruce Springsteen’s Autobiography will Have Companion Album