Ronnie Montrose passed away on March 3rd at the age of 64. Singer Sammy Hagar praised the rock musician who founded the band Montrose.
Ronnie is what one might call a musician’s guitarist, one the is inspiring without the extra fluff that comes with being too famous. I loved Montrose long before I fully understood the rock ‘n’ roll guitar. As my taste grew and my knowledge expanded, I found many guitar players had at least one Montrose tune they loved to play, and that speak volumes to Ronnie.
More on WNCX.com
- Classic Rock Almanac January 22, 2017
- Spanish Bagpipe Band Plays AC/DC’s “Thunderstruck!”
- Only 161 More Days Until U2
- Mr.Classic’s Classic Rock Pick of the Day Talking Heads Life During Wartime
- Win Resident Evil: The Final Chapter Movie Passes & A $500 Visa Gift Card
- Win Great Big Home + Garden Show Tickets
- Win Michael Stanley & The Resonators Tickets & Autographed CD
- Classic Rock Almanac January 21, 2017
- Win xXx: The Return of Xander Cage Movie Passes
- Inexpensive, Indoor Bacon Grill, Cook Your Bacon in Minutes With No Splattering Mess