Ronnie Montrose: A Passion For The Guitar
Ronnie Montrose passed away on March 3rd at the age of 64. Singer Sammy Hagar praised the rock musician who founded the band Montrose.
Ronnie is what one might call a musician’s guitarist, one the is inspiring without the extra fluff that comes with being too famous. I loved Montrose long before I fully understood the rock ‘n’ roll guitar. As my taste grew and my knowledge expanded, I found many guitar players had at least one Montrose tune they loved to play, and that speak volumes to Ronnie.
More on WNCX.com
- The Allman Brothers Band Open Their Final New York Residency at Beacon Theatre
- Win “Bad Words” Movie Passes
- Classic Rock Almanac: March 9
- Beavis And Butt-Head’s “Best” Classic Rock Commentary
- Classic Rock Almanac: March 8
- Win Cleveland Home + Remodeling Expo Tickets
- Win Lake Erie Monsters Tickets!
- ‘NCX Classic Café: Romeo’s Pizza
- 4-Play: A J. Geils Band Playlist For Peter Wolf’s Birthday
- Will U2 Fans Have To Wait Until 2015 to Hear the Band’s New Album?