Ronnie Montrose passed away on March 3rd at the age of 64. Singer Sammy Hagar praised the rock musician who founded the band Montrose.
Ronnie is what one might call a musician’s guitarist, one the is inspiring without the extra fluff that comes with being too famous. I loved Montrose long before I fully understood the rock ‘n’ roll guitar. As my taste grew and my knowledge expanded, I found many guitar players had at least one Montrose tune they loved to play, and that speak volumes to Ronnie.
More on WNCX.com
- Michael Stanley’s After-Work DoubleShot: Eric Clapton
- Win Passes To Gratefulfest At Nelson Ledges Quarry Park
- Win Lunch For 4 Courtesy Of Guys Pizza
- 2 O’Clock 4-Play: Happy Birthday Paul McCartney
- Bob Dylan Spotted Painting Topless Women in Central Park
- Would You Rather: New Stones Music Or Mick Jagger’s Hair?
- Ron Wood On The Rolling Stones’ Future: ‘We’ve Just Got To Find The Gaps To Record’
- He’s Been Spotted Again
- Join The ‘NCX Road Crew For Bike Night At Zeppe’s Tavern & Pizzeria
- Your Pick 3 with Slats: 6/18/13