Ronnie Montrose passed away on March 3rd at the age of 64. Singer Sammy Hagar praised the rock musician who founded the band Montrose.
Ronnie is what one might call a musician’s guitarist, one the is inspiring without the extra fluff that comes with being too famous. I loved Montrose long before I fully understood the rock ‘n’ roll guitar. As my taste grew and my knowledge expanded, I found many guitar players had at least one Montrose tune they loved to play, and that speak volumes to Ronnie.
More on WNCX.com
- Win Morgan Movie Passes
- Classic Rock Almanac August 27, 2016
- Win AC/DC Tickets
- What Should You Do With 1250 Bottles of Hot Sauce? Well Here’s One guy’s Idea…
- AXL/DC On The Road Again
- Rock Hall’s Library & Archives To Host Memorabilia Scan Day
- Macy Gray Covers Metallica’s ‘Nothing Else Matters’
- Bruce Springsteen Plays Four Hour Concert in NJ
- The Dialy Cut: Derek and the Dominos “Nobody Knows You When You’re Down and Out”
- Classic Rock Almanac August 26, 2016