Ronnie Montrose: A Passion For The Guitar
Ronnie Montrose passed away on March 3rd at the age of 64. Singer Sammy Hagar praised the rock musician who founded the band Montrose.
Ronnie is what one might call a musician’s guitarist, one the is inspiring without the extra fluff that comes with being too famous. I loved Montrose long before I fully understood the rock ‘n’ roll guitar. As my taste grew and my knowledge expanded, I found many guitar players had at least one Montrose tune they loved to play, and that speak volumes to Ronnie.
More on WNCX.com
- Balloon Boy Has Started a Metal Band: Watch the Epic ‘No Hoax’ Video
- Download the Grateful Dead’s First ‘Fare Thee Well’ Chicago Show for Free
- Ringo Starr to Celebrate 75th Birthday with L.A. Celebration
- Can Women Be Beautiful and Funny? Hollywood Execs Still Not Sure
- 2015 Browns Training Camp Schedule Announced; 11 Practices Open To Public Starting July 30
- Warren Haynes on the Confederate Flag: ‘You Don’t Need a Symbol to Be Proud of Who You Are’
- He’s Country Now, But Steven Tyler’s ‘Love Is Your Name’ Video Is Still So, Well, Steven Tyler
- Kevin Love Featured On Cover Of ESPN’s Body Issue; Talks About Shoulder Injury, Weight And Fitness
- The Big One…Again
- Yoko Ono Won’t Let ISIS & Jihadi John ‘Destroy the Memory of John Lennon’