Ronnie Montrose passed away on March 3rd at the age of 64. Singer Sammy Hagar praised the rock musician who founded the band Montrose.
Ronnie is what one might call a musician’s guitarist, one the is inspiring without the extra fluff that comes with being too famous. I loved Montrose long before I fully understood the rock ‘n’ roll guitar. As my taste grew and my knowledge expanded, I found many guitar players had at least one Montrose tune they loved to play, and that speak volumes to Ronnie.
More on WNCX.com
- Mr.Classic’s Classic Rock Pick of the Day The Who Magic Bus
- Some Of Those Good Old Boys Put Most Rockers To Shame…
- The Daily Cut: Elton John “The Bitch Is Back”
- Mellencamp Posts Entire Farm Aid Set
- Leonard Cohen’s ‘Leaving the Table’ Gets Animated Video
- Browns Notes: Myles Garrett Not Ruled Out This Week But Andrew Luck Is
- Classic Rock Almanac September 19, 2017
- Kyrie: The Ultimate Zen-Master Or Just Freakin’ Crazy?
- Browns WR Corey Coleman Has Surgery On Broken Hand Monday, Out Undetermined Amount Of Time
- Foo Fighters Cover AC/DC with Hives Frontman