Ronnie Montrose: A Passion For The Guitar
Ronnie Montrose passed away on March 3rd at the age of 64. Singer Sammy Hagar praised the rock musician who founded the band Montrose.
Ronnie is what one might call a musician’s guitarist, one the is inspiring without the extra fluff that comes with being too famous. I loved Montrose long before I fully understood the rock ‘n’ roll guitar. As my taste grew and my knowledge expanded, I found many guitar players had at least one Montrose tune they loved to play, and that speak volumes to Ronnie.
More on WNCX.com
- Interview: Behind the Scenes of the New David Bowie Film with Director Hamish Hamilton
- Yusuf / Cat Stevens Announces New Album ‘Tell ‘Em I’m Gone,’ Debuts ‘Living to Die': Listen
- Watch U2 Make ‘Songs of Innocence’ in Behind-the-Scenes Footage
- Billy Idol Debuts New Single ‘Can’t Break Me Down': Listen
- Gene Simmons to Preside Over Wannabe Rock Bands in New Reality/Competition Show ‘Coliseum’
- Stream Leonard Cohen’s New Album ‘Popular Problems’
- Too Far? Urban Outfitters Causes Controversy By Selling Blood Stained Kent State University Sweatshirt
- Local Kid Makes Good, Again
- Classic Rock Almanac September 15, 2014
- Upon Further Review: Browns 26, Saints 24