Ronnie Montrose: A Passion For The Guitar
Ronnie Montrose passed away on March 3rd at the age of 64. Singer Sammy Hagar praised the rock musician who founded the band Montrose.
Ronnie is what one might call a musician’s guitarist, one the is inspiring without the extra fluff that comes with being too famous. I loved Montrose long before I fully understood the rock ‘n’ roll guitar. As my taste grew and my knowledge expanded, I found many guitar players had at least one Montrose tune they loved to play, and that speak volumes to Ronnie.
More on WNCX.com
- The Daily Cut: Neil Young and Crazy Horse “Like a Hurricane”
- Classic Rock Almanac January 29, 2015
- WNCX Morning Show: Don’t Mess With Momma!
- Comedy Bit: Marshawn’s Own Groundhog Day
- WNCX Morning Show: Bill Nye-The Football Guy?
- Would Chris Pratt Make a Good Indiana Jones?
- Eddie Van Halen to Discuss ‘What It Means to Be American’ in D.C.
- Sir Charles Speaks
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett Added to List of 2015 GRAMMY Performers
- WNCX Morning Show: The Tooth of the Tiger