Ronnie Montrose: A Passion For The Guitar
Ronnie Montrose passed away on March 3rd at the age of 64. Singer Sammy Hagar praised the rock musician who founded the band Montrose.
Ronnie is what one might call a musician’s guitarist, one the is inspiring without the extra fluff that comes with being too famous. I loved Montrose long before I fully understood the rock ‘n’ roll guitar. As my taste grew and my knowledge expanded, I found many guitar players had at least one Montrose tune they loved to play, and that speak volumes to Ronnie.
More on WNCX.com
- Win Tickets To The Cuyahoga County Fair and Wish You Were Here Concert
- PHOTOS: Cleveland Browns Training Camp – July 31, 2014
- ‘David Bowie Is’ Exhibition Gets Documentary, U.S. Debut
- Brian Eno Compares Israel to KKK, Faults U.S. for Not Intervening
- Alice Cooper on Late Guitarist Dick Wagner: ‘He is Irreplaceable’
- Josh Gordon Misses Thursday Practice, Appeal Set For Friday
- Still Waiting…
- Classic Rock Almanac July 31, 2014
- Woman Charged With Stalking Chris Cornell
- Dick Wagner, Former Alice Cooper Guitarist, Dead at 71