Ronnie Montrose passed away on March 3rd at the age of 64. Singer Sammy Hagar praised the rock musician who founded the band Montrose.
Ronnie is what one might call a musician’s guitarist, one the is inspiring without the extra fluff that comes with being too famous. I loved Montrose long before I fully understood the rock ‘n’ roll guitar. As my taste grew and my knowledge expanded, I found many guitar players had at least one Montrose tune they loved to play, and that speak volumes to Ronnie.
More on WNCX.com
- Remembering Jim Morrison On His 70th Birthday
- The Doors Update App, Share Video Remembering Ray Man
- GRAMMY Nominations Behind the Scenes: Lorde Takes a Bow, Arsenio Fires Back at Kanye
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar and Justin Timberlake
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- No Sympathy For Those Devils…
- QB Jason Campbell Cleared, To Start vs. Patriots
- Horror Movie Starring Robert Englund Filming In Medina
- KISS, Nirvana Leading Fan Ballot For Rock Hall Induction
- INSIDE LOOK: The Who