[photogallerylink id=61101 align=left]It looks like Rolling Stones fans will have to wait until 2013 to see the band perform. Rolling Stone magazine quotes guitarist Keith Richards as saying, “Basically, we’re just not ready. I have a feeling that [2013 is] more realistic.” The magazine adds that “Stones insiders say that one reason for the delay is Richards’ health, which has raised questions about his ability to make it through a worldwide tour.” The report goes on to say the band is focusing on multi-night runs in various cities.
The article also reveals that when the Stones got together in London in December to play, former bassist Bill Wyman joined them for first time since he’d left in 1992. Mick Jagger says, “We played a lot of blues and outtakes of Some Girls and things like that. It went very well.”
[photogallerylink id=69123 align=right]Last night, a multi-generation collection of rock, country and blues artists came together in New York to honor The Rolling Stones at Carnegie Hall. Jackson Browne, Ronnie Spector and Ian Hunter were featured among the headliners. However, it was Art Garfunkel who stole the crowd with his take on ”Ruby Tuesday,” marking the first time on stage since vocal cord paresis forced cancelation of his 2010 tour with Paul Simon. The show raised more than $100,000 for music education programs. It’s too bad the Stones were not present at the celebration.
Twenty-one stars delivered the 21 songs from the Hot Rocks compilation in their original sequence.
- Jovanotti and TV on the Radio backed by Young Audiences New York Choirs – “You Can’t Always Get What You Want”
- Ronnie Spector – “Time is on My Side”
- Peaches – “Heart of Stone”
- Rich Robinson – “Play with Fire”
- Juliette Lewis – “Satisfaction”
- Marianne Faithfull – “As Tears Go By”
- David Johansen – “Get Off My Cloud”
- Steve Earle – “Mother’s Little Helper”
- Ian Hunter and the Rant Band – “19th Nervous Breakdown”
- The Mountain Goats – “Paint It Black”
- Glen Hansard – “Under My Thumb”
- Art Garfunkel – “Ruby Tuesday”
- Jackson Browne – “Let’s Spend the Night Together”
- Gomez – “Jumpin’ Jack Flash”
- Anjelique Kidjo – “Street Fighting Man”
- Rickie Lee Jones – “Sympathy for the Devil”
- Taj Mahal – “Honky Tonk Women”
- Rosanne Cash – “Gimme Shelter”
- Carolina Chocolate Drops – “Midnight Rambler”
- Jackie Greene – “Brown Sugar”
- Marc Cohn with Jackson Browne – “Wild Horses”
- (Encore) Marianne Faithfull – “Sister Morphine”
- (Encore) – Entire Cast – “Tumblin’ Dice”
More on WNCX.com
- Guy Covers 50 AC/DC Tunes in 15 Minutes!
- Win e55 on the Lake Lunch
- Win Megadeth Tickets
- Win Michael Stanley & The Resonators Tickets
- Classic Rock Almanac June 24, 2017
- Win Cleveland Gladiators Tickets
- The 50 Best Places To Visit In The U.S.A.
- Bob Odenkirk of “Better Call Saul” Talks About The Jimmy To Saul Transition…
- Guns N’ Roses Keep Fans Waiting, for a Good Reason
- Lindsey Buckingham – Christine McVie Set List