[photogallerylink id=76311 align=left]Yesterday, Aerosmith held a press conference at The Grove, an outdoor mall in Los Angeles to formally announce their Global Warming Tour alongside Cheap Trick. Because dates for the tour were announced Monday, the conference also focused on the status of the upcoming Aerosmith album.
Members of group lived up to Steven Tyler’s promise that they’d make “quite an entrance.” Bassist Tom Hamilton pulled in a rickshaw, Steven Tyler driving a green three-wheeler motocycle, Joey Kramer in his white Lamborghini Aventador and Joe Perry in a yellow taxicab. Jimmy Kimmel then introduced them as they hit the stage. Brad Whitford is currently on the Experience Hendrix tour and was not present.
When discussing where they’re at in the recording process, the group divulged they have two more songs to finish and three tracks have been named, ”Legendary Child,” “Beautiful” and “Out Go the Lights.” As for an album title, Joe Perry tells us they have a pact not to release that information, but Tyler says that the album is “gonna be stupid good.” This is their first studio album of original material since Just Push Play in 2001.
Paul Stanley was also at the Grove yesterday. Instead of making somekind of announcement, the KISS guitarist was there with his family to see the Easter Bunny and do some shopping when he came across preparations for the Aerosmith press conference.
Earlier in the week, Joe Perry appeared on American Idol to wish Steven Tyler a happy 64th birthday. Prior to the performance, Idol producers approached Perry to sing the song. Perry counter-offered with some guitar playing instead.
Aerosmith will perform at the Quicken Loans Arena with Cheap Trick on June 19th. Tickets go on sale Saturday, March 13th. Or, you could take advantage of the ‘NCX presale today and tomorrow!
Presale: Thursday, March 29 at 10am – Friday, March 30 at 10pm
Ticket Price: $149.50 / $79.50 / $39.50
Purchase tickets HERE
More on WNCX.com
- Do We Really Need Another Howard Hughes Movie? Yes We Do…
- Chester Bennington, Linkin Park Singer Has Died At Age Of 41
- Chester Bennington Dead, Linkin Park Singer Commits Suicide by Hanging
- Pearl Jam’s Stone Gossard Pens Moving Birthday Letter to Chris Cornell
- Happy 70th Birthday Carlos Santana, The Guitarist
- Paul McCartney Trolls Westboro Baptist Church
- Children’s Music Therapy Program Established to Honor Chris Cornell
- The Parole Hearing Of The Century Is Today
- Classic Rock Almanac July 20, 2017
- You Just Can’t Make This Stuff Up!