Ron Burgundy Appears On Conan To Announce Anchorman Sequel
Ron Burgundy speaks to us. And when he does – we listen.
Reprising his character with signature jazz flute in hand, Will Ferrell AKA Ron Burgundy AKA San Diego’s Finest infiltrated his way onto the CONAN set late Wednesday to say: ”I want to announce this to everyone here in the Americas, to our friends in Spain, Turkey and the U.K. — including England — that as of 0900 mountain time, Paramount Pictures and myself, Ronald Joseph Aaron Burgundy, have come to terms on a sequel to Anchorman.”
That’s right – Will Ferrell is returning for Paramount’s untitled Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy sequel.
According to Deadline, this isn’t the first time a sequel has been discussed; Ferrell and director Adam McKay tried to follow the success of 2004’s Anchorman by developing the sequel as a Broadway show. Unfortunately, the premise – Action4 News Team IN SPACE – was too wacky for Paramount to green light.
Now, it seems the new premise is just wacky enough.
[pullquote quote=”Ladies and gentlemen, can I please have your attention. I’ve just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story. I need all of you, to stop what you’re doing and listen. CANNONBALL!” credit=”Ron Burgundy”]
While Ferrell and McKay continue to kick around ideas with Producer Judd Appatow (Taladega Nights, Knocked Up, 40 Year Old Virgin), the returning cast remains faithful to the project. Steve Carell will return as lovable moron Brick Tamblin, Paul Rudd will revisit his panther-fierce Brian Fantana, and David Koechner will reprise everyone’s favorite bald Texan, Champ Kind. Other cast members from the franchise include Christina Applegate, Chris Parnell, Fred Armisen, and Fred Willard.
Production is slated to start toward the end of 2012 with a release in 2013. Until then, we’ll have to remain in our glass case of emotion. Pass us a glass of that scotchy scotch scotch, would ya?
Starland Vocal Band – “Afternoon Delight”
[metrolyrics artist=”Starland Vocal Band” song=”Afternoon Delight”]
– Jordy Altman, CBS Local Los Angeles–
- This Is What TIDAL Looked Like in 1919
- 9 Ways to Get Your Zombie Fix After ‘The Walking Dead’ Season Finale
- Robert Plant & Diplo May Be Collaborating
- No, Sacha Baron Cohen Will Not Be in the Freddie Mercury Biopic
- Cleveland Makes List Of Best Drinking Cities In America
- Trevor Noah Will Replace Jon Stewart as Host of ‘The Daily Show’
- Browns Fined $250,000, GM Ray Farmer Suspended 4 Weeks For Textgate
- Final Four Time
- Chris V.’s AC/DC Diary…March 30th, 1996. AC/DC COMES TO CLEVELAND!
- Norman Greenbaum Critically Injured in Car Crash