Ron Burgundy speaks to us. And when he does – we listen.
Reprising his character with signature jazz flute in hand, Will Ferrell AKA Ron Burgundy AKA San Diego’s Finest infiltrated his way onto the CONAN set late Wednesday to say: ”I want to announce this to everyone here in the Americas, to our friends in Spain, Turkey and the U.K. — including England — that as of 0900 mountain time, Paramount Pictures and myself, Ronald Joseph Aaron Burgundy, have come to terms on a sequel to Anchorman.”
That’s right – Will Ferrell is returning for Paramount’s untitled Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy sequel.
According to Deadline, this isn’t the first time a sequel has been discussed; Ferrell and director Adam McKay tried to follow the success of 2004′s Anchorman by developing the sequel as a Broadway show. Unfortunately, the premise – Action4 News Team IN SPACE – was too wacky for Paramount to green light.
Now, it seems the new premise is just wacky enough.
[pullquote quote="Ladies and gentlemen, can I please have your attention. I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story. I need all of you, to stop what you're doing and listen. CANNONBALL!" credit="Ron Burgundy"]
While Ferrell and McKay continue to kick around ideas with Producer Judd Appatow (Taladega Nights, Knocked Up, 40 Year Old Virgin), the returning cast remains faithful to the project. Steve Carell will return as lovable moron Brick Tamblin, Paul Rudd will revisit his panther-fierce Brian Fantana, and David Koechner will reprise everyone’s favorite bald Texan, Champ Kind. Other cast members from the franchise include Christina Applegate, Chris Parnell, Fred Armisen, and Fred Willard.
Production is slated to start toward the end of 2012 with a release in 2013. Until then, we’ll have to remain in our glass case of emotion. Pass us a glass of that scotchy scotch scotch, would ya?
Starland Vocal Band – “Afternoon Delight”
[metrolyrics artist="Starland Vocal Band" song="Afternoon Delight"]
– Jordy Altman, CBS Local Los Angeles–
- 2 O’Clock 4-Play: Top Cowbell Songs
- John Fogerty On A CCR Reunion: ‘It’s A Possibility In The Future’
- Win A Family 4-Pack Of Tickets To The Cleveland Metroparks Zoo & Rainforest
- Win A 4-Pack Of Tickets To The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Great Catch!
- Paul McCartney Features Beatles And Wings Classics At U.S. Tour Kickoff
- Oh Say Can You…Sing?
- Your Pick 3 with Slats: 5/20/13
- School of Rock Examination: Bob Seger
- On This Day In AC/DC History…May 20th – AC/DC COMES TO CLEVELAND!!!!!