Stevie made sure to nurture the young prospects and give them confidence as the singing contest continues. She told Colton Dixon to keep his signature mohawk-style haircut the rest of the season and later sang back up for Skylar Laine’s during her mentoring session. Laine would perform Miranda Lambert’s “Gunpowder and Lead.”
Colton, Elise Testone and Phillip Phillips paid tribute to their mentor of the week with a Fleetwood Mac medley made up of “Landslide,” ” Edge of Seventeen,” and “Don’t Stop.” Judge Steven Tyler called the trio’s performance “most excellent.”
Nicks believes that Phillips can become very famous because of his talents and boosted his confidence even more when she said he could have been a member of Fleetwood Mac in their ’70s heyday. The judges would give Phillips a standing ovation following his performance of “Still Rainin,” a Jonny Lang song.
Elise Testone ended the night’s performances with Led Zeppelin’s “Whole Lotta Love.” Elise and Stevie sang the Fleetwood Mac hit “Dreams” during the mentoring session. Stevie said she’d hire the New Jersey native to sing with her in a second. The judges gave another standing ovation for Elise’s performance. Steven said she made Robert Plant proud with the rendition of the Zeppelin hit.
Stevie Nicks will hit the road once again this year with Rod Stewart. The duo are scheduled to perform at Quicken Loans Arena on Friday, July 20th. Tickets are available HERE.
More on WNCX.com
- Win Lunch For Four Courtesy Of The Southeast Harley Diner
- On This Day In AC/DC History… May 18th
- Today O’Reilly Auto Parts Elyria Mr.Classic
- Primus’ Les Claypool On Rush’s Rock Hall Induction
- Make It So: A ‘Star Trek’ Playlist
- Marvel Studios’ Captain America: The Winter Soldier Movie Filming Road Closures
- Local Photographer & Former ‘NCX Jock To Be Featured In Local Gallery
- Win Tickets To The Berea Rib Cook-Off
- Premiere: John Fogerty Lyric Video for ‘Mystic River’
- Jerry Cantrell On Heart: “They’ve Influenced A Whole Generation”