Pink Floyd ‘Wish You Were Here’ Doc Due In June
The inside story of one of rock’s landmark LPs is coming to DVD and Blu Ray. Pink Floyd The Story Of Wish You Were Here, featuring new interviews with band members Roger Waters, David Gilmour and Nick Mason, will be available on June 26.
The film will also include archival interviews with the band’s late keyboardist Richard Wright, as well as interviews with sleeve designer Storm Thorgerson, guest vocalist Roy Harper and Ronnie Rondell (pictured on the front cover, he’s the “burning man”). Recording engineer Brian Humphries revisits the master tapes at Abbey Road Studios to illustrate aspects of the songs’ construction.
This comes on the heels of Pink Floyd’s ambitious reissue campaign, which saw remastered versions of all the band’s studio albums released in late 2011. Earlier this year, Floyd reissued expanded versions of the Wish You Were Here album. More recently, the band released expanded editions of The Wall. As of now, there have been no other announcements of expanded versions of other albums in the catalog.
Brian Ives CBS Local
More on WNCX.com
- The Pizza Cake, Coming To A Canadian Pizza Store Near-ish You
- NYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires – #myNYPD Goes Viral With Photos Of Police Brutality
- Robert Plant: ‘Zero’ Chance of Led Zeppelin Reunion
- Is It Too Soon?
- Classic Rock Almanac April 23
- The Rolling Stones Entire Music Catalog In Album Covers
- Classic Rock Almanac April 22
- Radio.com Minimation: Frank Zappa and the Hot, Smelly Garrick Theatre Gigs
- Browns In The Midst Of A Busy Week Of Quarterback Visits
- Mike Holmgren’s Revisionist History Needs A Reality Check