Pink Floyd ‘Wish You Were Here’ Doc Due In June
The inside story of one of rock’s landmark LPs is coming to DVD and Blu Ray. Pink Floyd The Story Of Wish You Were Here, featuring new interviews with band members Roger Waters, David Gilmour and Nick Mason, will be available on June 26.
The film will also include archival interviews with the band’s late keyboardist Richard Wright, as well as interviews with sleeve designer Storm Thorgerson, guest vocalist Roy Harper and Ronnie Rondell (pictured on the front cover, he’s the “burning man”). Recording engineer Brian Humphries revisits the master tapes at Abbey Road Studios to illustrate aspects of the songs’ construction.
This comes on the heels of Pink Floyd’s ambitious reissue campaign, which saw remastered versions of all the band’s studio albums released in late 2011. Earlier this year, Floyd reissued expanded versions of the Wish You Were Here album. More recently, the band released expanded editions of The Wall. As of now, there have been no other announcements of expanded versions of other albums in the catalog.
Brian Ives CBS Local
More on WNCX.com
- Classic Rock Almanac November 1, 2014
- Win Dumb And Dumber To Movie Passes
- Win Steve Hackett Tickets
- Win Lake Erie Monsters Tickets
- Bruce Springsteen Hadn’t Read ‘The Grapes of Wrath’ Before Writing ‘The Ghost of Tom Joad’
- Bob Dylan Announces New Album ‘Shadows in the Night’
- Browns TE Jordan Cameron Ruled Out Sunday
- PHOTOS: NFL Cheerleaders Week 8
- Gregg Allman Dismissed from ‘Midnight Rider’ Lawsuit
- Mugshot Of The Week October 31, 2014