Pink Floyd ‘Wish You Were Here’ Doc Due In June
The inside story of one of rock’s landmark LPs is coming to DVD and Blu Ray. Pink Floyd The Story Of Wish You Were Here, featuring new interviews with band members Roger Waters, David Gilmour and Nick Mason, will be available on June 26.
The film will also include archival interviews with the band’s late keyboardist Richard Wright, as well as interviews with sleeve designer Storm Thorgerson, guest vocalist Roy Harper and Ronnie Rondell (pictured on the front cover, he’s the “burning man”). Recording engineer Brian Humphries revisits the master tapes at Abbey Road Studios to illustrate aspects of the songs’ construction.
This comes on the heels of Pink Floyd’s ambitious reissue campaign, which saw remastered versions of all the band’s studio albums released in late 2011. Earlier this year, Floyd reissued expanded versions of the Wish You Were Here album. More recently, the band released expanded editions of The Wall. As of now, there have been no other announcements of expanded versions of other albums in the catalog.
Brian Ives CBS Local
More on WNCX.com
- Ted Nugent Blames Indian Casino Show Cancellation on Liberal ‘Army Assigned to Destroy Ted Nugent’
- PHOTOS: Crosby Stills And Nash At Jacob’s Pavilion At Nautica
- Smashing Pumpkins Are Done Recording New Album ‘Monuments to An Elegy’
- Disgruntled Browns Fan Posts Video Of Himself Urinating On Art Modell’s Grave
- PHOTOS: Slash At Hard Rock Rocksino July 20 ,2014
- Using The “Good Neighbor” Policy
- PHOTOS: Lynyrd Skynyrd At Blossom – July 22, 2014
- U2 Might Still Release New Album In 2014
- Classic Rock Almanac July 23, 2014
- Billy Joel Wins Library of Congress’ Gershwin Prize