Pink Floyd ‘Wish You Were Here’ Doc Due In June
The inside story of one of rock’s landmark LPs is coming to DVD and Blu Ray. Pink Floyd The Story Of Wish You Were Here, featuring new interviews with band members Roger Waters, David Gilmour and Nick Mason, will be available on June 26.
The film will also include archival interviews with the band’s late keyboardist Richard Wright, as well as interviews with sleeve designer Storm Thorgerson, guest vocalist Roy Harper and Ronnie Rondell (pictured on the front cover, he’s the “burning man”). Recording engineer Brian Humphries revisits the master tapes at Abbey Road Studios to illustrate aspects of the songs’ construction.
This comes on the heels of Pink Floyd’s ambitious reissue campaign, which saw remastered versions of all the band’s studio albums released in late 2011. Earlier this year, Floyd reissued expanded versions of the Wish You Were Here album. More recently, the band released expanded editions of The Wall. As of now, there have been no other announcements of expanded versions of other albums in the catalog.
Brian Ives CBS Local
More on WNCX.com
- Interview: Joe Perry on Marriage, His New Memoir and the Future of Aerosmith
- Ringo Starr to Star in Skechers Ad Campaign
- Q&A: Jimmy Page on His Favorite Led Zeppelin Album, Beastie Boys, and a Good ‘D’yer Mak’er’ Joke
- WATCH: Ohio State Marching Band Pays Tribute To Classic Rock
- PHOTOS: NFL Cheerleaders Week 7
- No OJ
- Paul McCartney Shares Previously Unheard Version of Wings’ ‘Beware of Love’ Featuring Led Zeppelin’s John Bonham: Listen
- Browns Regret Lack Of Focus Following Sunday’s Disappointing Loss In Jacksonville
- Browns Head Coach Mike Pettine: Brian Hoyer “Firmly Our Starter”
- The Daily Cut: Manfred Mann’s Earth Band “Blinded By The Light”