Pink Floyd ‘Wish You Were Here’ Doc Due In June
The inside story of one of rock’s landmark LPs is coming to DVD and Blu Ray. Pink Floyd The Story Of Wish You Were Here, featuring new interviews with band members Roger Waters, David Gilmour and Nick Mason, will be available on June 26.
The film will also include archival interviews with the band’s late keyboardist Richard Wright, as well as interviews with sleeve designer Storm Thorgerson, guest vocalist Roy Harper and Ronnie Rondell (pictured on the front cover, he’s the “burning man”). Recording engineer Brian Humphries revisits the master tapes at Abbey Road Studios to illustrate aspects of the songs’ construction.
This comes on the heels of Pink Floyd’s ambitious reissue campaign, which saw remastered versions of all the band’s studio albums released in late 2011. Earlier this year, Floyd reissued expanded versions of the Wish You Were Here album. More recently, the band released expanded editions of The Wall. As of now, there have been no other announcements of expanded versions of other albums in the catalog.
Brian Ives CBS Local
More on WNCX.com
- Two More Ted Nugent Concerts Canceled After Pressure from Native American Group
- Tom Petty Slams EDM Culture and Electric Daisy Carnival: ‘Watch People Play Records? That’s Stupid’
- Paul McCartney Sets Wings’ ‘Venus and Mars’ and ‘At the Speed of Sound’ Reissue Dates
- Petition Asks Iron Maiden to Bring Back Original ‘Eddie the Head’ Artist Derek Riggs
- Browns Pop Pads, Rookies Chris Kirksey And Justin Gilbert Shine On Day 3
- Beastie Boys ‘Paul’s Boutique’ Mural Unveiled in New York City
- Browns Owner Jimmy Haslam, Fans Hopeful This Is The Year They Get It Right
- Browns, Agents Issue Statement Concerning Jason Pinkston
- Brian Hoyer Sharp During Day 2
- Trader Ray Or Transaction Ray