The Red Hot Chili Peppers will stick around Cleveland for an extra day following their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. We heard whispers earlier in the day about a possible free show from the group, but could not confirm the reports. Finally, the Obama Campaign has announced a free show for phone bank volunteers.
Volunteers at local Obama Campaign phone banks will receive tickets to the show that will be held on Sunday at the House of Blues. Doors will open at 11:45am and an afternoon concert will follow. Tickets are limited. RSVP here.
The 27th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will take place on Saturday, April 14 at Public Hall in Cleveland. Set to be inducted are the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Guns N’ Roses (Cleveland is the birthplace of drummer Steven Adler), Donovan, Laura Nyro, The Small Faces/Faces, Beastie Boys, The Crickets, The Famous Flames, The Midnighters, The Comets, The Blue Caps, The Miracles, Freddie King, Don Kirshner, Cosimo Matassa, Tom Dowd, and Glyn Jones. Induction coverage will be broadcast on HBO following the Inductions.
More on WNCX.com
- Rock Hall 2017 Inductee Exhibits Open Friday
- Prince’s ‘Sign O The Times’ 30 Years Later: A Look Back at His Magnum Opus
- Bob Dylan will Finally Accept His Nobel Prize for Literature
- Is This Worth It?
- The Daily Cut: U2 “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For”
- Classic Rock Almanac March 29, 2017
- Lenny Kravitz to Perform Prince Tribute, Pharrell Williams to Induct Nile Rodgers at Rock Hall Celebration
- Your Cat Probably Likes You More Than Food
- Mr.Classic’s Classic Rock Pick of the Day Bob Seger We’ve Got Tonight
- Is It Strange That A 4-Hour Grateful Dead Documentary Doesn’t Seem Strange?