Rolling Stones Drummer Charlie Watts Announces New York Jazz Club Residency
[photogallerylink id=61054 align=left]Though there is little chance of seeing the Rolling Stones perform in 2012, it doesn’t mean you won’t be able to see any of the English rockers individually in the greater New York City area.
Ronnie Wood will perform in Atlantic City later this month and the guitarist he replaced, Mick Taylor, is performing six consecutive nights at the Iridium in NYC. The Midtown jazz club appears to be the hot spot to perform in the Big Apple. Now, Drummer Charlie Watts has announced he will be the latest Stone to plan a residency at the Iridium, performing four shows at the jazz venue this summer, from June 29 to July 2.
Rolling Stone reports that Watts will also perform with the Les Paul Trio during the last night of his residency on July 2. The tribute to the late guitar innovator is part of Les Paul Mondays, a weekly event held by the Iridium that donates a portion of the door to The Les Paul Foundation.
Tickets to the shows will go on sale starting today through the Iridium’s Facebook page, with a special promo code available for a limited number of VIP tickets.
You can get more information on The Iridium and Les Paul Mondays HERE.
–E.J. Judge, WCBSFM New York
More on WNCX.com
- Classic Rock Almanac March 29, 2015
- Win Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony Tickets
- Win Van Halen Tickets
- Classic Rock Almanac March 28, 2015
- Win Lunch At The Union House Bar And Restaurant
- Win Comedy Zone At Club Velvet Passes
- Win John Fogerty Tickets
- Win Tedeschi Trucks Band Tickets
- This Teletubbies & Joy Division Mashup Video Will Haunt Your Dreams
- The Who Could Be Writing a New Album