Meet The World Series Of Rock T-Shirt From Columbus Based Homage
Homage is a shirt company based in Columbus, Ohio that has created a line of apparel committed to pulling on our heart strings. With shirts specialty created for different cities – including Cleveland – they touch on moments of history that are dear to our hometown.
The newest addition to their Cleveland line of shirts – which include nods to Austin Carr, Bernie Kosar and Bottlegate – is a World Series of Rock shirt. The graphic on the tee is a copy of the shirt produced for the July 28th, 1979 concert with a few alterations to the text.
From the Homage description on their website:
“Every summer from 1974 until 1980, Belkin Productions and FM rock radio station WMMS staged day-long, multi-act summer rock concerts dubbed the World Series of Rock. Held at Cleveland Stadium and attended by upwards of 80,000 fans, the events were loud, raucous, and one-of-a-kind. The WSOR alumni are a veritable who’s who of rock ‘n roll – the ’79 show featured Scorpions, AC/DC, Thin Lizzy, Journey, and Ted Nugent, and was headlined by Aerosmith.
Pay Homage and rock on!”
Read More NCX Music News:
- Classic Rock Almanac October 23, 2014
- Listen to an Alternate Version of Led Zeppelin’s ‘Stairway to Heaven’
- The Daily Cut: The Cars “Just What I Needed”
- Classic Rock Almanac October 22, 2014
- Interview: Joe Perry on Marriage, His New Memoir and the Future of Aerosmith
- Ringo Starr to Star in Skechers Ad Campaign
- Q&A: Jimmy Page on His Favorite Led Zeppelin Album, Beastie Boys, and a Good ‘D’yer Mak’er’ Joke
- WATCH: Ohio State Marching Band Pays Tribute To Classic Rock
- Paul McCartney Shares Previously Unheard Version of Wings’ ‘Beware of Love’ Featuring Led Zeppelin’s John Bonham: Listen
- The Daily Cut: Manfred Mann’s Earth Band “Blinded By The Light”
Stories You May Also Be Interested In