Meet The World Series Of Rock T-Shirt From Columbus Based Homage
Homage is a shirt company based in Columbus, Ohio that has created a line of apparel committed to pulling on our heart strings. With shirts specialty created for different cities – including Cleveland – they touch on moments of history that are dear to our hometown.
The newest addition to their Cleveland line of shirts – which include nods to Austin Carr, Bernie Kosar and Bottlegate – is a World Series of Rock shirt. The graphic on the tee is a copy of the shirt produced for the July 28th, 1979 concert with a few alterations to the text.
From the Homage description on their website:
“Every summer from 1974 until 1980, Belkin Productions and FM rock radio station WMMS staged day-long, multi-act summer rock concerts dubbed the World Series of Rock. Held at Cleveland Stadium and attended by upwards of 80,000 fans, the events were loud, raucous, and one-of-a-kind. The WSOR alumni are a veritable who’s who of rock ‘n roll – the ’79 show featured Scorpions, AC/DC, Thin Lizzy, Journey, and Ted Nugent, and was headlined by Aerosmith.
Pay Homage and rock on!”
Read More NCX Music News:
- Henry Rollins on Robin Williams, Suicide: ‘I No Longer Take This Person Seriously’
- Classic Rock Almanac August 22, 2014
- New Music to Know: With a Washboard and Spoon, the Ben Miller Band Go Their Own Musical Way
- Thurston Moore is Recording a New Black Metal Album
- Foo Fighters Tease New Song, Talk Music with Barack Obama in ‘Sonic Highways’ Trailer: Watch
- Steven Tyler Contributes Vocals to ‘Sin City’ Soundtrack: Hear ‘Skin City’
- Will Ice Bucket Challenge Lead to Jon Bon Jovi/Richie Sambora Reunion?
- PHOTOS: Joe Strummer
- Classic Rock Almanac August 21, 2014
- Jimi Hendrix’s ‘Cry of Love’ and ‘Rainbow Bridge’ to Be Reissued
Stories You May Also Be Interested In