Homage is a shirt company based in Columbus, Ohio that has created a line of apparel committed to pulling on our heart strings. With shirts specialty created for different cities – including Cleveland – they touch on moments of history that are dear to our hometown.
The newest addition to their Cleveland line of shirts – which include nods to Austin Carr, Bernie Kosar and Bottlegate – is a World Series of Rock shirt. The graphic on the tee is a copy of the shirt produced for the July 28th, 1979 concert with a few alterations to the text.
From the Homage description on their website:
“Every summer from 1974 until 1980, Belkin Productions and FM rock radio station WMMS staged day-long, multi-act summer rock concerts dubbed the World Series of Rock. Held at Cleveland Stadium and attended by upwards of 80,000 fans, the events were loud, raucous, and one-of-a-kind. The WSOR alumni are a veritable who’s who of rock ‘n roll – the ’79 show featured Scorpions, AC/DC, Thin Lizzy, Journey, and Ted Nugent, and was headlined by Aerosmith.
Pay Homage and rock on!”
Read More NCX Music News:
- Green Day Down to Play Desert Trip in 30 Years
- Bridge School Benefit This Weekend
- Bon Jovi Hits Broadway to Play New Album
- What Nobel Prize? Bob Dylan’s Website Removes Mention
- Stream the ‘Lazarus’ Album Featuring David Bowie’s Final Recordings
- Weird Al Moderates Presidential Debate on ‘Bad Hombres, Nasty Women’
- The Daily Cut: Chicago “Questions 67 and 68”
- Classic Rock Almanac October 21, 2016
- Prince Greatest Hits Album, ‘Purple Rain’ Deluxe Edition on the Way
- Led Zeppelin’s ‘Song Remains the Same,’ 40 Years Later
Stories You May Also Be Interested In