Meet The World Series Of Rock T-Shirt From Columbus Based Homage
Homage is a shirt company based in Columbus, Ohio that has created a line of apparel committed to pulling on our heart strings. With shirts specialty created for different cities – including Cleveland – they touch on moments of history that are dear to our hometown.
The newest addition to their Cleveland line of shirts – which include nods to Austin Carr, Bernie Kosar and Bottlegate – is a World Series of Rock shirt. The graphic on the tee is a copy of the shirt produced for the July 28th, 1979 concert with a few alterations to the text.
From the Homage description on their website:
“Every summer from 1974 until 1980, Belkin Productions and FM rock radio station WMMS staged day-long, multi-act summer rock concerts dubbed the World Series of Rock. Held at Cleveland Stadium and attended by upwards of 80,000 fans, the events were loud, raucous, and one-of-a-kind. The WSOR alumni are a veritable who’s who of rock ‘n roll – the ’79 show featured Scorpions, AC/DC, Thin Lizzy, Journey, and Ted Nugent, and was headlined by Aerosmith.
Pay Homage and rock on!”
Read More NCX Music News:
- David Gilmour Announces New Album, Tour Dates
- Metallica’s New Album ‘Close to Being Done’ Says Lars Ulrich
- Music For Cats is a Real Thing
- Robert Plant, Alison Krauss to Reunite for Lead Belly Tribute
- Violent Femmes Release First New Song in 15 Years, ‘Love Love Love Love Love': Listen
- Fan Offers Jerry Garcia’s Severed Finger for Grateful Dead Tickets
- Joan Jett Feels Deep Connection With Cleveland
- Van Halen To Release Tokyo Dome Live Album This Month
- The Daily Cut: The Yardbirds “For Your Love”
- Classic Rock Almanac March 5, 2015
Stories You May Also Be Interested In