Meet The World Series Of Rock T-Shirt From Columbus Based Homage
Homage is a shirt company based in Columbus, Ohio that has created a line of apparel committed to pulling on our heart strings. With shirts specialty created for different cities – including Cleveland – they touch on moments of history that are dear to our hometown.
The newest addition to their Cleveland line of shirts – which include nods to Austin Carr, Bernie Kosar and Bottlegate – is a World Series of Rock shirt. The graphic on the tee is a copy of the shirt produced for the July 28th, 1979 concert with a few alterations to the text.
From the Homage description on their website:
“Every summer from 1974 until 1980, Belkin Productions and FM rock radio station WMMS staged day-long, multi-act summer rock concerts dubbed the World Series of Rock. Held at Cleveland Stadium and attended by upwards of 80,000 fans, the events were loud, raucous, and one-of-a-kind. The WSOR alumni are a veritable who’s who of rock ‘n roll – the ’79 show featured Scorpions, AC/DC, Thin Lizzy, Journey, and Ted Nugent, and was headlined by Aerosmith.
Pay Homage and rock on!”
Read More NCX Music News:
- The Daily Cut: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers “Jammin’ Me”
- Classic Rock Almanac April 21, 2015
- Neil Young & Willie Nelson’s Sons Reveal Album Release and Tour Dates
- Roger Waters’ Documentary Surrounding ‘The Wall’ Tour Gets Global Screenings
- Neil Young Debuts New Music with Willie Nelson’s Sons Live: Watch
- Here Are the Best #80sBandAnimals Tweets
- CONCERT ANNOUNCEMENT: Chicago
- CONCERT ANNOUNCEMENT: Creedence Clearwater Revisited
- Rock Hall Wrap-Up: Two Beatles, Green Day and Miley and Joan Jam
- Ringo Starr’s Rock Hall Advice to Young Bands: ‘If You Fart, Own Up To It!’
Stories You May Also Be Interested In