Meet The World Series Of Rock T-Shirt From Columbus Based Homage
Homage is a shirt company based in Columbus, Ohio that has created a line of apparel committed to pulling on our heart strings. With shirts specialty created for different cities – including Cleveland – they touch on moments of history that are dear to our hometown.
The newest addition to their Cleveland line of shirts – which include nods to Austin Carr, Bernie Kosar and Bottlegate – is a World Series of Rock shirt. The graphic on the tee is a copy of the shirt produced for the July 28th, 1979 concert with a few alterations to the text.
From the Homage description on their website:
“Every summer from 1974 until 1980, Belkin Productions and FM rock radio station WMMS staged day-long, multi-act summer rock concerts dubbed the World Series of Rock. Held at Cleveland Stadium and attended by upwards of 80,000 fans, the events were loud, raucous, and one-of-a-kind. The WSOR alumni are a veritable who’s who of rock ‘n roll – the ’79 show featured Scorpions, AC/DC, Thin Lizzy, Journey, and Ted Nugent, and was headlined by Aerosmith.
Pay Homage and rock on!”
Read More NCX Music News:
- Prince Debuts New Song ‘HARDROCKLOVER’
- The Daily Cut: Blondie “Rapture”
- Classic Rock Almanac July 1, 2015
- Watch Robert Plant’s Cameo in Upcoming British Comedy ‘Doreen: The Movie’
- 21 Wildly Different Songs All Named ‘Freedom’
- Rush’s R40 Tour: If It’s Their Last, They’re Going Out on Top
- Grateful Dead Merch Trucks Set to Hit Chicago Around ‘Fare Thee Well’ Shows
- Dave Grohl ‘Terrified’ to Watch Cobain Doc ‘Montage of Heck’
- How to Download Apple Music
- Freddie Mercury Gets a Good Laugh at Kanye West’s Cover of ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’
Stories You May Also Be Interested In