Homage is a shirt company based in Columbus, Ohio that has created a line of apparel committed to pulling on our heart strings. With shirts specialty created for different cities – including Cleveland – they touch on moments of history that are dear to our hometown.
The newest addition to their Cleveland line of shirts – which include nods to Austin Carr, Bernie Kosar and Bottlegate – is a World Series of Rock shirt. The graphic on the tee is a copy of the shirt produced for the July 28th, 1979 concert with a few alterations to the text.
From the Homage description on their website:
“Every summer from 1974 until 1980, Belkin Productions and FM rock radio station WMMS staged day-long, multi-act summer rock concerts dubbed the World Series of Rock. Held at Cleveland Stadium and attended by upwards of 80,000 fans, the events were loud, raucous, and one-of-a-kind. The WSOR alumni are a veritable who’s who of rock ‘n roll – the ’79 show featured Scorpions, AC/DC, Thin Lizzy, Journey, and Ted Nugent, and was headlined by Aerosmith.
Pay Homage and rock on!”
Read More NCX Music News:
- Classic Rock Almanac May 1, 2016
- Statue Unveiling of Bon Scott at 10th Annual Bonfest
- Classic Rock Almanac April 30, 2016
- This Year’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Dramas: Explained
- Listen to The Monkees’ New Song Written by Weezer’s Rivers Cuomo
- Watch The Pixies ‘Where Is My Mind?’ Insane Cherry Video
- Prince’s ‘Purple Rain’ Jacket up for Auction
- Dolphins Draft Hard Hitting Lineman
- The Daily Cut: John Lennon “Jealous Guy”
- Classic Rock Almanac April 29, 2016
Stories You May Also Be Interested In