Meet The World Series Of Rock T-Shirt From Columbus Based Homage
Homage is a shirt company based in Columbus, Ohio that has created a line of apparel committed to pulling on our heart strings. With shirts specialty created for different cities – including Cleveland – they touch on moments of history that are dear to our hometown.
The newest addition to their Cleveland line of shirts – which include nods to Austin Carr, Bernie Kosar and Bottlegate – is a World Series of Rock shirt. The graphic on the tee is a copy of the shirt produced for the July 28th, 1979 concert with a few alterations to the text.
From the Homage description on their website:
“Every summer from 1974 until 1980, Belkin Productions and FM rock radio station WMMS staged day-long, multi-act summer rock concerts dubbed the World Series of Rock. Held at Cleveland Stadium and attended by upwards of 80,000 fans, the events were loud, raucous, and one-of-a-kind. The WSOR alumni are a veritable who’s who of rock ‘n roll – the ’79 show featured Scorpions, AC/DC, Thin Lizzy, Journey, and Ted Nugent, and was headlined by Aerosmith.
Pay Homage and rock on!”
Read More NCX Music News:
- Win Gregg Allman Tickets
- Classic Rock Almanac January 31, 2015
- Watch Jimmy Fallon Lead a Drunken Singalong of ‘Piano Man’
- ‘Timing’ Kept Lana Del Rey & Frank Ocean Off Brian Wilson’s New Album
- Geezer Butler Addresses ‘Unfortunate’ Bar Fight Arrest
- Boston vs. Seattle: Which City Has the Best Music?
- Tom Petty Addresses ‘That Sam Smith Thing,’ Laments That News Picked Up the Story
- The Daily Cut: Genesis “No Reply At All”
- Classic Rock Almanac January 30, 2015
- 50 Albums Turning 30 In 2015: Michael Stanley On Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers’ Southern Accents
Stories You May Also Be Interested In