Homage is a shirt company based in Columbus, Ohio that has created a line of apparel committed to pulling on our heart strings. With shirts specialty created for different cities – including Cleveland – they touch on moments of history that are dear to our hometown.
The newest addition to their Cleveland line of shirts – which include nods to Austin Carr, Bernie Kosar and Bottlegate – is a World Series of Rock shirt. The graphic on the tee is a copy of the shirt produced for the July 28th, 1979 concert with a few alterations to the text.
From the Homage description on their website:
“Every summer from 1974 until 1980, Belkin Productions and FM rock radio station WMMS staged day-long, multi-act summer rock concerts dubbed the World Series of Rock. Held at Cleveland Stadium and attended by upwards of 80,000 fans, the events were loud, raucous, and one-of-a-kind. The WSOR alumni are a veritable who’s who of rock ‘n roll – the ’79 show featured Scorpions, AC/DC, Thin Lizzy, Journey, and Ted Nugent, and was headlined by Aerosmith.
Pay Homage and rock on!”
Read More NCX Music News:
- Chris Cornell Brings Classics, Humor and Warmth to NJ Show
- Bruce Springsteen Writes ‘Born On The Fourth of July’ Book Intro
- Fast Car For Slowhand
- PHOTOS: Journey & The Doobie Brothers at Blossom
- Aerosmith’s Joey Kramer and Joe Perry Talk Side Projects
- The Daily Cut: The Beatles “All You Need Is Love”
- Classic Rock Almanac June 30, 2016
- Is Paul Simon about to Retire?
- Aerosmith’s Tom Hamilton Disses Ritchie Blackmore
- Courtney Love’s Ex-Manager Accused of Kidnapping Frances Bean Cobain’s Ex
Stories You May Also Be Interested In