Cavs Host FREE Wine & Gold Scrimmage
presented by FirstEnergy
Sunday, October 2nd at 3:30 p.m.
Quicken Loans Arena
FREE Tickets Available at Cavs.com And
All Northeast Ohio Discount Drug Mart Locations
Beginning Tuesday, September 20th at NOON
The reigning NBA Champion Cleveland Cavaliers will tip off the 2016-17 season with their FREE annual Wine & Gold Scrimmage presented by FirstEnergy on Sunday, October 2nd at 3:30 p.m. at Quicken Loans Arena. The intrasquad scrimmage will be the first opportunity for fans to see the Cavs players take the court again at The Q since the conclusion of the historic 2016 NBA Finals.
FREE tickets are available beginning Tuesday, September 20th at NOON at any one of Discount Drug Mart’s northeast Ohio locations or online at Cavs.com. Fans 17 years of age and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Seating will be general admission and there is a limit of six (6) tickets per transaction. Doors to the arena will open at 2:30 p.m., one hour prior to tipoff.
In addition to getting a first look at this year’s squad, fans will be treated to a sample of the Cavs award-winning game presentation, featuring lights-out player introductions and Humongotron flames, performances from the Cavalier Girls dance team, Scream Team hip-hop troupe, the always-entertaining antics from mascots Moondog and Sir C.C, and more!
- Fans can purchase $1 popcorn, $2 soda and $3 beer at FanFare locations.
- “Express Yourself” face painting, hair painting, temporary tattoos and sign making stations will be available to help fans proudly display their Cavs game day spirit.
- The Cavaliers Team Shop at The Q will feature an assortment of $10 t-shirts to help fans get geared up for preseason basketball!
- Keeping with the popular tradition of past Wine & Gold Scrimmages, immediately following the game, Cavs players will give the game-worn practice jerseys off their backs to lucky fans chosen at random.
- A postgame “HalfCourt Heave” presented by Ohio CAT will provide two preselected active military representatives the opportunity to team up with a Cavs player to make a halfcourt shot to win a valuable prize pack courtesy of Ohio CAT.